U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 AM

192 posts, read 581,953 times

Advertisements

Does anyone do this? Seems like Greenville could be a good place to do this. Yes, I know now is no time to flip houses. I am speaking broadly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 AM

915 posts, read 2,310,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Does anyone do this? Seems like Greenville could be a good place to do this. Yes, I know now is no time to flip houses. I am speaking broadly.
I have a few clients who are still "flipping houses", but it's important to be more cognizant of your plan. In my opinion, it's important to look at properties with broad appeal in price, location, and general makeup.

Once you put the property back on the market, you will have more competition due to that broad appeal, but you will also have a larger pool of buyers.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 AM

899 posts, read 2,161,360 times
There is a local group of real estate investors/house flippers in Greenville that I am involved in that is extremely active. It's regular folks who do this as a hobby or for a living--they meet once a month and tons of people show up to network, give and get advise, make deals, etc. They welcome visitors as well. Check them out:

Upstate Carolina Real Estate Inv

Old 04-09-2016, 02:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,819 times
I'm very interested in flipping houses. I have the will and desire and I admit no, money, but so far I have saved $5000. I know there are people more experienced who could guide me to the right direction. If anyone, please give me your advise. Thank you

Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 AM

506 posts, read 1,153,910 times
I own 2 rental houses - the rental market here is so hot it would make me far less money to flip houses than i make just renting them out.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:24 PM

723 posts, read 1,064,262 times
In case you want to look into the Upstate Carolina Real Estate Investors Association, the link above doesn't appear to work. Try this: _ - UpstateCREIA.com :: UpstateCREIA.com

Old 04-11-2016, 12:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 6,293,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuela1979 View Post
I'm very interested in flipping houses. I have the will and desire and I admit no, money, but so far I have saved $5000. I know there are people more experienced who could guide me to the right direction. If anyone, please give me your advise. Thank you
Do you have $5,000 saved and set aside purely for flipping houses above and beyond your other savings? Or in addition to emergency funds, 401k, roth IRA, and any other savings and non-retirement investing?

Assuming this is money set aside specifically for flipping houses, is this $5,000 EVERYTHING you have toward the purchase and potential renovations to flip a house?

Old 04-11-2016, 03:48 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,533,466 times
I would think the best place to flip houses is a place where there is lots of money to be made doing that

Phoenix
Vegas
California
Parts of Florida

There was show about houseflipping here in SC and its not on TV anymore. The people who were flipping the houses weren't doing real well.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:49 PM

3,923 posts, read 6,293,046 times
I have multiple friends who have been successfully flipping houses in Greenville for several years. But you do need to know what you're doing and have the funds available to float things at times. Obviously there are other places that have MORE money to be made of course.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,608,575 times
People have done well here flipping. It's better to do in a down market though, not when it's a tight seller's market like it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area