Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,763 times

Advertisements

Hi, thanx in advance for help with best possible primary school (small classes, highly rated schools), and also what neighbourhoods are the safest, best QOL etc!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM

301 posts, read 804,260 times
As long as you avoid "Behind the Beacon" you'll generally be fine in Spartanburg.

All of the places you mentioned are fine, including Duncan Park. Hampton Heights and Duncan Park can be a street by street thing though, so you'll have to just visit the neighborhood/street for sure, but for the most part, it's a really okay area.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
looking to relocate from upstate ny area to spartanburg area within a year...found a house online in the collins ave area..any thoughts, sdvice, information, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 AM

182 posts, read 350,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdevilish View Post
looking to relocate from upstate ny area to spartanburg area within a year...found a house online in the collins ave area..any thoughts, sdvice, information, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Collins Avenue is in an area that is undergoing some redevelopment and revitalization, but historically (and still) a higher crime area.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 PM

26 posts, read 113,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdevilish View Post
Collins Avenue runs through the Southside of Spartanburg near Duncan Park. It isn't the worst part of Spartanburg but it definitely isn't the safest. Typically in Spartanburg the farther east or west you go from downtown the safer you will be. The worst areas as far as safety goes is the Highland (Behind The Beacon) and Northside (Howard Street) neighborhoods. If you can avoid these neighborhoods you should be fine for the most part. I will say that I've never felt unsafe eating at the Beacon or shopping near Howard Street, however I would not want to live there. Personally I recommend looking near Interstate 26 or anywhere east of Pine Street in Spartanburg, but if that's not an option I wouldn't worry too much as long as you avoid Northside and Highland.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Hi,

I am looking to move from New Jersey to Spartanburg. I am a single mom with three kids. I heard that District 7 is the best school district there. What would be the safest neighborhood? I was looking into Whitney Heights and Zion Hill. Should I be looking somewhere else. Please help!

Old 08-08-2017, 03:36 PM

300 posts, read 254,720 times
District 7 is a very good School District. Yes, I would look at a different area. There are so many very nice and safe neighborhoods in District 7's school zone. Have you actually come down to Spartanburg and looked? Here are some. Hillcrest, Hillbrook, Pierse Acres, Lake Forest, Swan Estates, Converse Heights, Duncan Park, Oak Creek Plantation , South Converse, Forest Park, Forest Hills, Fernwood, Huntington Hills, Pine Forest, Robert Meadows, Summer Place, Heathwood, Windsor Forest, and Meadow Brook-Sloanes Grove. You really need too come down and look with someone that knows Spartanburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area