U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2010, 09:06 PM

8,907 posts, read 13,460,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
You can always drive to Augusta until the Greenville store opens. I'm sure Apple will do very good when they open at Haywood Mall.
Flickr Photo Download: IMG_4593 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdharrison/3935524216/sizes/l/in/set-72157622410382784/ - broken link)
FAIL. The Charlotte and Atlanta stores are closer and larger. The Augusta store is TINY. The Greenville store will be much larger. Maybe one day Augusta will catch up...maybe not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 AM

1,941 posts, read 2,701,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
FAIL. The Charlotte and Atlanta stores are closer and larger. The Augusta store is TINY. The Greenville store will be much larger. Maybe one day Augusta will catch up...maybe not.
Although our Apple store will be larger than theirs, you have to admit that Augusta has some nice stores - including some we don't have in Greenville. That is impressive since Augusta is a smaller metro area than Greenville. There is obviously plenty of money there, and their residents enjoy spending it on shopping. Give Augusta credit for that, g-man.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Although our Apple store will be larger than theirs, you have to admit that Augusta has some nice stores - including some we don't have in Greenville. That is impressive since Augusta is a smaller metro area than Greenville. There is obviously plenty of money there, and their residents enjoy spending it on shopping. Give Augusta credit for that, g-man.
Like?

Old 06-13-2010, 08:42 AM

4,714 posts, read 4,926,982 times
Quote:
Like?
I hear there's an Apple Store in Augusta.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 AM

3,189 posts, read 3,429,876 times
I have family in Augusta, so I visit on occasion. Actually Greenville seems to have more options altogether. I'll agree they've gotten a few smaller things before Greenville, but not the higher end stuff like Ruth's Chris, Whole Foods, Pottery Barn, etc.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I hear there's an Apple Store in Augusta.
Yeah, for the next month. After that, Greenville will have one too. The only reason Augusta got the store first is because Apple was able to find room there to put one sooner.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,236 posts, read 7,385,742 times
Quote:
Like?
Apple, Sephora, Jared Galleria of Jewelry, Buy Buy Baby, Carolina Ale House, PeachMac, and Bass Pro has the future store on their website. I know you're going to say G-ville is getting a Apple, Buy Buy Baby, Bass Pro, and Carolina Ale House. Well Costco is opening a location in Augusta. LA Sunset Tan is also coming to AUG.

You know how you G-ville posters used to come to the Augusta forum. Then you guys realize you can't do Augusta the way you do Columbia. When it comes to the stores and restaurants in each city. Remember Imax came to Augusta in 2008. The Apple store in Augusta isn't large but it's not tiny either. The picture didn't show the entire size of the store.

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-13-2010 at 05:39 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
apple, sephora, jared galleria of jewelry, buy buy baby, carolina ale house, peachmac, and bass pro has the future store on their website. I know you're going to say g-ville is getting a apple, buy buy baby, bass pro, and carolina ale house. Well costco is opening a location in augusta. La sunset tan is also coming to aug.

You know how you g-ville posters used to come to the augusta forum. Then you guys realize you can't do augusta the way you do columbia. When it comes to the stores and restaurants in each city. Remember imax came to augusta in 2008. The apple store in augusta isn't large but it's not tiny either. The picture didn't show the entire size of the store.
I honestly don't care if Greenville ever gets Sephora, Jared, LA Sunset Tan (who?) or Forever 21. I would never step foot into any of those stores anyways. And you're right, I am going to say it: Greenville is getting Apple, Buy Buy Baby, Carolina Ale House, and possibly Bass Pro Shops. Peachmac is a local store which means only one exists. It's the same thing as iplace in Greenville. When is Costco opening in Augusta? Yeah, you don't know do you? Greenville has had Costco for years. Heck, even Spartanburg has one. I'd much rather have things like Whole Foods Market and Pottery Barn than any of the things you listed except for Apple which Greenville is getting next month. Let me know when Augusta gets real retailers like Whole Foods Market, Pottery Barn, J. Crew, Guess, and Costco.

Last edited by g-man430; 06-13-2010 at 07:08 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 07:06 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,236 posts, read 7,385,742 times
Quote:
Peachmac is a local store which means only one exists. It's the same thing as iplace in Greenville. When is Costco opening in Augusta? Yeah, you don't know do you? I'd much rather have Whole Foods Market and Pottery Barn than any of the things you listed except for Apple. Let me know when Augusta gets real retailers like Whole Foods Market, Pottery Barn, J. Crew, Guess, and Costco.
Actually there are three PeachMac's across the state of GA. Sephora, Forever 21, and Jared Galleria of Jewlery in Augusta aren't real retailers??? The Forever 21 in Augusta sells Heritage 1981 the and men's brand 21Men.

I might not know when Costco is opening, but I do know they're coming. There is no official opening dates on Buy Buy Baby, Carolina Ale House, etc in Greenville either??

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-13-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Oh, my bad regarding Peachmac. Still not a very big chain and one I definitely do NOT care about.

Quote:
Sephora and Jared Galleria of Jewlery aren't real retailers??? Sephora is much more upscale than J. Crew, Guess, Costco or Pottery Barn.

I might not know when Costco is opening, but I do know they're coming. There is no official opening dates on Buy Buy Baby, Carolina Ale House, etc in Greenville either??
LOL. How in the world is Sephora much more upscale than J. Crew, Pottery Barn, or Guess? Like I said, I don't care if Greenville ever gets Sephora as I would never step foot into their store anyways. Besides, why do we need Sephora when we have Bare Escentuals? When is Costco coming to Augusta? When? Buy Buy Baby is opening this fall which by the way is another retailer I do NOT care about: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/3394...w-anchor?rss=0 Carolina Ale House is slated to open in Spring 2011 although that could change. Bass Pro Shops will come here if the state passes incentives for the store. If not, then I guess i'll keep driving to Atlanta and Charlotte instead for BPS.

Last edited by g-man430; 06-13-2010 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area