Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 11:03 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,448,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Looks like demolition of the old Childrens Place and Hair Plus spaces has started, for construction of Apple.
Excellent! Very exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM

76 posts, read 172,534 times
Default iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
And still they just reported record sales and their stock value is way up. They must be doing something right. The iPad. That product was just introduced. How can you already say that is a bust. Bottom line, they have great products that millions of folks love. Again, they just reported record sales. One cannot argue with that.
Exactly. No one has used this product yet, and have proclaimed it is a joke. Just wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by post_gallant View Post
The iPad is pretty much an insult to the non-casual consumer. Zero Multitasking, no camera, ZERO FLASH, zero adapters, no third party applications, it's over a pound, no video output, and the hard drive is a joke. The only reason it will sell is due to the Apple brand.

Yes, I was confused by what you meant about Apple's mistakes.
  • iPad is meant for the casual consumer. It is a consumer product with a consumer pricepoint
  • The current roadmap shows the iPad shipping with iPhone OS 3.2. iPod touch and iPhones currently have iPhone OS 3.1.3.
  • iPhone OS 4 will be announced at WWDC this summer, and likely ship at that time, same as the refresh to the iPhone. This would be where multitasking (even limited) is enabled
  • Would you really take a picture with a device the size of a notebook?
  • Flash - I'll give you that one, but, ironically to some people, Apple is pushing open standards, such as HTML5. Think it is a coincidence that Google announced YouTube supporting HTML5 (meaning no Flash needed) right around the same time? And Vimeo, as well?
  • NO THIRD PARTY APPS? Have you seen any of the 140,000+ Apps in the App Store?
  • Still lighter than a Big Gulp.....
  • Adapters? for what? output? There is this thing called a Universal Dock Connector. There are video out from the Dock/cables
  • Hard drive is a joke? Well, there is no hard drive. It is flash memory, up to 64 GB.

So while you may not think the iPad is of any interest to you, I can see this being perfect for a lot of people...

Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,649,391 times
Barrier walls are up around both the former Hair Plus and Childrens Place spaces.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM

341 posts, read 758,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Barrier walls are up around both the former Hair Plus and Childrens Place spaces.
Wow. I am surprised that it is going to be that big. I thought that just the Children's Place would be a little big for Greenville.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Photo update: http://www.drumcreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/applestore-greenville-sc-underconstruction.jpg (broken link)

The apple logo was photoshopped in.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Wow. I am surprised that it is going to be that big. I thought that just the Children's Place would be a little big for Greenville.
Greenville, SC Apple Store- http://www.ifoapplestore.com/photos/haywood_plan.gif

Former Hair Plus space:

Former Childrens Place space:

Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM

341 posts, read 758,193 times
It does seem kind of large though. I think that it is about 4,500 square feet (The Children's Place)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,024 times
I had no idea about Apple coming to Greenville until my wife called me from the mall today. I guess it has been in the works quite awhile. Check out this link: You searched for “Greenville” (http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/?s=Greenville - broken link)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 PM

How did your wife know about it? Did the signage go up for the new store on the barrier wall?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM

5 posts, read 13,295 times
Any updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area