Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of good places to run in the general area of Simpsonville/Fountain Inn? I prefer a quarter mile track, and I will be running in the late morning/early afternoon. I prefer somewhere close, but not too crowded that I can visit every weekday... Country roads just don't cut it any more, plus it is easier to be consistent on a track..

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,747 times
I haven't found a good place to run yet. I usually just run around the Fairview Rd area, in my subdivision, or in the new Fox Trace subd., which has a couple miles of new, empty roads.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,171 times
I think this might be a little further than u are looking for, but I see a lot of people in the early morning running on the track next to Mauldin Middle School.
Liz

Old 03-24-2009, 08:45 PM

Yes, Mauldin would be a little too far, but I wonder if any schools in Simpsonville let people use their tracks in the wee hours of the morning? I also like the idea of using one of the many empty subdivisions around here to run in, although some of them are blocked by large rocks or caution tape..

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 AM

107 posts, read 520,087 times
Default Just throwing this out there.

There is a very large soccer academy. I believe it's on Anderson Ridge Road. I was driving by and noticed runners running along a track that skirts the area of approximately 8-10 soccer fields. I haven't stopped to take a closer look yet, but it's on my things to do list.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM

I appreciate the input, I will try anything short of running up and down Fairview Rd. every morning..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,429 times
the cesa soccer field is on anderson ridge road the track there is 3/4 a mile but is very hilly its up and down up and down doesnt seem like the best track around. but i would suggest running heritage park in simpsonville or even the simpsonville park over by the police station but heritage park is alot newer and still has good pavement they may have a track over there im not sure but i do know that they have a nature trail u can run its worth a shot

Abel.

no weapon formed against thee shall prosper and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn, this is the heritage of the servants of the lord and their righteousness is of me, saith the lord isaiah 54:17

Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
While this is an old thread that the above poster brought up, Heritage Park is probably one the nicest areas in Simpsonville to run. You have paved trails plus the option to run out in acres of open fields, plus dirt roads.

Another suggestion is the "Town" development on W. Georgia and Fork Shoals Rd. This sub-division is no longer being developed but has several nice paved roads to run on with practically non-existent traffic, plus there were supposed to be trails, but I haven't looked that far into the wooded area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area