Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:55 PM

92 posts, read 314,327 times

Advertisements

My son is going to the Disturbed concert in Charlotte next week and I went to the Greyhound site for bus routes...only problem is that the only departing time is 6am...is there an alternative that anyone can think of? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Amtrak
Car
Airplane

Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Amtrak: Checked them already, only departure time is around 2am
Car: 2 hours each way to drop him off then pick him up around midnight is a bit too much driving...
Airplane: Checked them as well...nothing

Guess I have to resign myself to a very long evening...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
How old is he? Is he going alone? If not, see if you can get another parent to take the to or from. Or you could just get a room on priceline or something and go shopping, or to a movie or something.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
Why not just make a weekend of it if you're going to be driving anyway? You can get a nice 4-star hotel room in downtown Charlotte for $50-$70 a night on Priceline if you know what you're doing. Eat somewhere different. Go shop at South Park mall. Catch a Bobcats game. Make the drive count.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:44 AM

These are all great ideas...however the concert is Monday night. I should be starting my new job on Monday...I'm one of the Exel people starting in Spartanburg, and I'll have to wake up at 4:30am. (We should've started yesterday but they don't have their Certificate of Occupancy yet.)

He's 17...I'm a little paranoid about him driving alone yet...he got his permit when we moved here from Maryland in October...he hasn't had to drive much outside of our little 3 or 5 mile circle...I want him to take an actual driver's ed course before allowing him to get his license. Not sure yet if his friend will be able to go...

Not the best planning on my part!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM

Honestly, if he is 17 and a friend isn't going, plus, you have to get up at the crack of dawn, I would tell him he is gonna have to miss this concert. It won't kill him, and he is certainly old enough to understand the reasons why.

He could always try to sell his ticket on craigs list.

Did you know he was buying the ticket and when the concert was? If it was a done deal and then you got an 'I'm going to this concert' thing, that isn't your problem and he is also old enough to understand that too.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Did you know he was buying the ticket and when the concert was? If it was a done deal and then you got an 'I'm going to this concert' thing, that isn't your problem and he is also old enough to understand that too.

He's been talking about this concert for a few months...at the time he actually bought the ticket (with his first paycheck!) it wouldn't have been a big deal, since I wasn't employed yet and especially because my husband would've gone with him...he loves that band! But of course now he's working a new job as well...he's a truck driver and is OTR. Not quite ready to tell him he can't go...am kind of hoping that the facility won't be ready by Monday!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Let's hope for a Wed. opening date, that sounds like it would be perfect and you would be well rested for your first day!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
I am keeping my fingers crossed that your first day will be no sooner than Wednesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area