Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 PM

272 posts, read 328,593 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you are looking for a church that fits between Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism? Those would typically be called Conservative Evangelical (or Progressive Fundamental). I would highly recommend North Hills Community Church in Taylors: - North Hills Community Church or Heritage Bible in Greer: Heritage Bible Church: Greer, SC. Both are larger churches. Heritage would be more of a mix of dress and less contemporary style, North Hills is pretty casual with a more contemporary worship service. Both would hold to the same general beliefs and philosophy and probably sing the same songs. I'm not aware of smaller churches in the Taylors/Greer area that fit what you're looking for, but in the broader area I would recommend Grace Church Grace Church (several locations), Emmanuel Bible in Mauldin Emmanuel Bible Church, Grace Bible in Moore, or Palmetto Baptist in Powdersville Palmetto Baptist Church - Powdersville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:13 PM

81 posts, read 144,071 times
lulu00 - I recommend you start your own thread to ask your questions as you'll probably get more responses. A lot of people will just look at the beginning of this one.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:00 AM

57 posts, read 94,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu00 View Post
Following- will also be looking for the same type of church as Irishcookies when i move to Greer hopefully this summer. I go to a independant fundemental baptist church now-it has great bible preaching but to me it's borderline cult with some of the standards (women no pants, no movies, no fb, total seperation etc.) . Dont mean to hihack your post Irishcookies but while we are on the subject of churches I am looking for a good christian school to send my first grader to. We currently have a school affiliated with our church that like 5 kids go to. Too small and not what I am interested in. The one my son currently goes to has about 100 students k3- 12th grade and is perfect. The one I have been recommended here is about $5000 a year. Might be too much of a stretch on our budget. Would like some other recommendations with approximate costs. thank you
My Family and I were looking for a church home something similar to you and Irishcookies. We found Truth Missionary Baptist and have been very happy with it. One way from home, it's about a 20 minute drive but it is worth it.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 881 times
Hi! So glad I found this thread! I have the same question about churches as well as schools. I will be checking out all of the previously mentioned places, but wondering if the OP or any of the others have settled in anywhere that they love?

We are possibly moving to Greenville this summer, and my biggest hesitation is that I love our church here, and second reason is our school. We are at a "Community" church now, pastored by Chuck Swindoll (so the preaching is second-to-none). They also have an unbelievable music department...many Dallas Symphony Orchestra members in the orchestra and traditional music without feeling old. (I could go on...my daughter learned Handel's Messiah for her elementary choir Christmas program last year, arranged for kids by a composer at the church.) We like it so much, we drive 30 min each way (and $40/month in tolls) to attend Sun am classes & worship service, Sun pm Awana, and Wed night programming. We also love that the kids' programming is age-specific and relevant (for example, a 5th-6th grade 'preteen' dept, instead of lumping them in with elementary). It is biblically conservative, but as far from legalistic as I have ever experienced (read some of Chuck Swindoll's books about grace). I grew up in an independent baptist church, but I really don't like how many baptist churches seem to make denomination really important (I would say I'm Christian with a capital C and baptist with a little b.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area