Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 6,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Hi-
If you go to the Greenville county mapping site, (google search "greenville gis") you can find a map of crime incidents. That may help you.
If I was 28 and single I would like to be near downtown, too. I don't know much about housing in that area though, as we sought family-friendly in Simpsonville when we moved here.
Perhaps if you give more information we could help you better. In what part of town will you be working and/or going to school? What kind of commute are you prepared to handle?
If you list the street names of places that interest you, w might be able to tell you if that is a safe part of town or not.
Good luck!
I found what looks like a nice little 2 br/1 bth at 411 Ashley ave but looking through google's street view I can't tell if it's as nice as the pictures make it look. I think ashley ave is on the north side and close to downtown but I'm wondering if I'd be "paying more for less" as another poster put it due to the location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,547,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak View Post
I'm still looking, and thank you to everyone for giving me A LOT of information to process! Do you have any photos/more info (i.e rent, sq. ft, bed/bath, etc)?

Some more info, I'll be working in the Donaldson Center and I don't mind a commute. Currently it takes me a half hour to get to work and that doesn't bother me at all. I guess I'm concerned because I'm moving from a very large city (san antonio) and I'm used to being centrally located. Greenville's downtown looked nice but someone mentioned there is limited parking and that doesn't appeal to me! lol I kind of wanted to be close to people my own age and things to do and not find myself in the middle of no where
There are a lot of nice subdivisions around the Donaldson center. Downtown Greenville is very nice but as you mentioned parking can be a challenge. The Donaldson center is about 20 minutes from the great shopping on Woodruff Rd. via I-85, also about a 20 minute drive to downtown Greenville for those times when you decide to visit. I come from a big city so the country and the space that it offers really appealed to me when I moved here. I decided that I did not want to live in congested downtown areas. Some of the places that come to mind are Simpsonville (close to Fairview Rd. shopping), areas surrounding the Donaldson center are also pleasant and if you are into golf the Bonnie Brae golf course is across the street. It all really depends if you want suburban living or city living.

Good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area