Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 AM

37 posts, read 209,115 times

Advertisements

I am looking to board my 7 month old shih tzu late summer. I would like a place for him to run and play throughout the day. He is use to long walks for about 30-40 min a day (was given to me as a gift 1month ago and he lovesssss to walk...I'm losing weight as well..lol). I prefer someone to be onsite.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,487,943 times
Based on recommendations from this forum, I have used PetSmart PetsHotel for my Cavalier and it was a good experience. They have a menu of services and you can pay extra for extra playtime.

Here are a couple of relatively recent threads with good suggestions...

Pet Boarding

Best Friends Pet Care Closing

Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,474,563 times
It will be a little bit of a drive for you, but my mom takes her VERY active jack russell to Garrett's Pet Ranch in Townville. It is a wonderful place and AJ (my mom's jrt) LOVES Kim. She gets so excited when they turn onto her driveway. Kim has pets of her own, a very large fenced in pasture, and will take your dog on walks. Your shih tzu would be in great hands. Kim has a daschund and I'm sure they'd be buddies. AJ and her are friends. Give Kim a call and see if she'd be able to keep him Welcome to Garrett's Pet Ranch - You Leave Them, We Love Them! - Grooming & Kennel Boarding Services for Dogs and Cats - Townville and Upstate, South Carolina. I think it's like $7 or $9 per night. If she'll be there for a while, I'm sure she'd work something out. Good luck!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 PM

14 posts, read 46,481 times
We also will be in Greenville late summer. However with a 90# Old English Sheepdog and would like suggestions for large dogs for day care as well as over night boarding. He currently goes to a daycare with a pool and play equipment as well as an acre to run in with other dogs his size. This is in IL, Paradise Pet.
Any suggestions for large as well as the small dog?
Jacqui

Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 AM

25 posts, read 82,428 times
Check out Camp Bow Wow too. They group the dogs by size and activity level and let them play all day. You can even watch your dog on their website's webcam.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:44 AM

99 posts, read 322,071 times
Default dog boarding

my dog goes to woodlands pet resort in greer,sc they have a great web site for you to look it over, we have boarding our dog there on several occasions, always top notch care. oreo really likes it as well, when we turn to go onto the road he gets very excited and happy, i love the webcam, and he loves running in the enclosures, as well as going for a walk with bert. they all have individual yards, i really like this idea, good luck

Old 04-24-2009, 11:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,821,049 times
there is a thread on this somewhere, I was asking this same question this past thanksgiving, I took my dog to petsmart pet hotel on woodruff? I can't say anything terrible about them but I won't be going back. The staff was really nice and everything seemed great, but when I got home my dog had kennel cough. I know they say it can be transmitted w/ or without the shot and there's nothing you can do about it, but i've boarded her many times over the years and this is the first time its happened. I'll be going back to my vet on poinsett hwy(poinsett animal hospital) the next time I need her kenneled

Old 04-24-2009, 12:26 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,487,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
there is a thread on this somewhere,
It's one of the links I provided above.

However, I don't believe you ever posted your feedback about your dog getting kennel cough. That's important to know. Thanks for telling us.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:00 AM

36 posts, read 104,934 times
Try Hollycrest Bed and Biscuit in Greer. It's where a lot of the local celebrities take their pets. We've boarded there a few times and they have multiple levels of care to pick from. CEO suite, apartments etc.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 PM

37 posts, read 209,115 times
Thanks all for your input!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area