Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 AM

5,466 posts, read 8,256,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
I don't give a big rat hind end what they do inside the park. When they start littering you better believe I don't want them in my town. I don't care if it's the Billy Grahmn Crusade. Take your trash with you.
No need to get angry at me, I'm just saying I knew there would be complaints because I knew what was going to happen with the event. I live in Simpsonville just like you. I've seen worse though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 AM

6,888 posts, read 22,434,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I told my brother that there would be complaints before this event even happened. Its ok at Lakeside, but folks don't want it at Heritage.
Then you need to let your elected officials hear from you. But I agree with you that the complaints could be seen before it happened. Even so, I'd still bet the city will be on it tomorrow when the regular work force is clocked in. If not your city officials are fools.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Then you need to let your elected officials hear from you. But I agree with you that the complaints could be seen before it happened. Even so, I'd still bet the city will be on it tomorrow when the regular work force is clocked in. If not your city officials are fools.
Well, I just wish we could have something like this where people respect the property. The bad spoil it for the good, some of my family actually went and I actually went Friday. The thuggish ones do this, not the good black people. I also wish it was more diverse and not called black family reunion.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,861,711 times
Yeah, Moton.....good input. My firm organizes events and if the venues will simply have a rider inclusion mandating on-site cleaning staff, a certain number of trash bins/recycling bins, and a deadline for having the grounds cleared, that would be a good way to address this and any other future issues. Additionally, most venues with which I work will simply offer the service for a flat fee added to the contract price. This issue can definitely be better managed through the leasing process. Lastly, having event organizers "educate" the attendees about where the trash bins are and to be Earth-Friendly helps a great deal. (Simple announcements made from the stages throughout the day work wonders, as long as the trash bins are conveniently located.)

Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,852,509 times
I also noticed the trash on Sunday. I drove by Heritage Park on Sat. night (forgot about the event) and noticed that cars were parked everywhere on the sides of Rt. 14 and in every business lot/field very haphazardly.

Is that normal for an event? I drove by during FWA and don't remember that - then again maybe it was a slow time during that FWA day when I went by.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 AM

6,888 posts, read 22,434,217 times
No updates? I take that to mean it was taken care of Monday because if not ruvidu would have been on here telling us about it. If you don't like what happens where you live MOVE. It's that simple.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
No updates? I take that to mean it was taken care of Monday because if not ruvidu would have been on here telling us about it. If you don't like what happens where you live MOVE. It's that simple.
Oh my soul.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,127,881 times
Yes. Somebody was paid to pick up trash left in a 3/4 mile area by inconsiderate people.
No. Been here all my life. Would rather concentrate my efforts on harassing those who come to my town and trash it than move.
Have a great day all.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,816,164 times
Quote:
Yes. Somebody was paid to pick up trash left in a 3/4 mile area by inconsiderate people.
Paid by whom?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,807,945 times
Quote:
No. Been here all my life. Would rather concentrate my efforts on harassing those who come to my town and trash it than move.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area