Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
These drugstores should take a cue from their fast food neighbors.

At a certain time at night, close the main store and keep the drive-thru open. Most people who are shopping at a drug store at 3AM need something specific. They can drive up, order some asprin and no one is in danger.

If they just want to browse the sale items, then come back at 7AM.
I think you make a great point. I wonder why they don't do that already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Never saw such a lazy police force until I moved to SC. The thought of the SC police doing any kind of real work is very amusing........sitting all day on the side of the road giving tickets to speeders does not qualify as real work. In my time living here I have constantly seen 2 police cars sitting together on the side of the road having a conversation with other police officers.

As more people decide to move to the Greenville area the police are going to have no choice but to come out of lazy mode and do their jobs.......increased population is bound to bring increased crime. So it is no surprise to me that the criminals find this area an attractive place to do their crimes.
Just for the record, I don't believe that the police are lazy. I just don't think the lay of the land in Simpsonville makes walking a beat practical.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM

199 posts, read 492,897 times
I'm fascinated how everyone here blamed the police or the store for being robbed. What about the scumbag that actually robbed the CVS? Does anyone think that he/she should get at least a little of the blame? Nobody said "I hope they are caught and taken off the streets so that the civilized people can get on with their lives." Just a lot of blame for the cops and the store. I found that odd.

That being said - I do agree with you USNRET04.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:56 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Just for the record, I don't believe that the police are lazy. I just don't think the lay of the land in Simpsonville makes walking a beat practical.
Yes the lay of the land is one thing but it is not just the lay of the land in my opinion..........but years of being paid to do nothing.......never seen a police force like this. They are in a Mayberry mentality..........as the population grows here they will be forced to do some work that is for sure! It is so obvious that the criminals are not worried about the police...........otherwise they would not have hit the same locations in Simpsonville twice.

Then again because it is quiet here for the most part my guess is that they have never had to work up a sweat. Thank God no one was hurt or killed.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:51 PM

107 posts, read 520,027 times
Default Please Share This Video of the Criminals

This is the released portion of the in-store surveillance footage of the CVS robbers. Please share it within your network so we can get these people off the streets.

Robbers Hitting Pharmacies for Drugs | WSPA

Old 09-03-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnret04 View Post
these drugstores should take a cue from their fast food neighbors.

At a certain time at night, close the main store and keep the drive-thru open. Most people who are shopping at a drug store at 3am need something specific. They can drive up, order some asprin and no one is in danger.

If they just want to browse the sale items, then come back at 7am.
amen!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Default An Email to The Mayor of Simpsonville

Dear Mr. Mayor Waldrop,

In light of the recent surge in late night, armed robberies and that many of these robberies are occurring at 24hr pharmacies for the purpose of attaining Oxycontin, I have a proposal for your consideration. I feel that 24hr pharmacies should follow the lead of the late-night fast food establishments and operate via the drive-thru only, after a certain time of night.
It is obvious to me, that there is little need for a fully operational pharmacy store throughout the early morning hours. For instance, any urgently needed OTC medications can be easily obtained from a 24hr supermarket or department store; most prescription drugs needed at the time of an emergency room visit are administered at the hospital; and for those that may be truly required ASAP, drive-thru service will suffice.
As the pharmacist who was forced to live through the terrifying experience of the Oxycontin robbery on 09/01/09 with a shotgun pressed against the back of my head. I ask myself now, "Why do we invite such violent drug crime into our city and lives with such easy and unnecessary access to Oxycontin?"

Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Don't you know? The criminals aren't at fault, because if the police were doing their jobs, crimes couldn't POSSIBLY happen! It's too bad the lazy Greenville police can't spend some time studying the true police officers, such as those found in New York City. Those guys are tough, work hard, and prevent crime all the time. Given their prowess, I bet crimes never happen in New York.
This is the Greenville, SC forum discussing crimes that have been commited in this area. If you want to discuss the NYPD or NYC crime instead of posting an OFF TOPIC post to HIJACK this thread there is a NYC forum where you can discuss it.........I will meet you there!

~And yeah I said it........the police here are a lax, lazy group that get paid to do nothing. Instead of allowing police to sit around all day doing nothing but giving out speeding tickets..........they need to increase patrols. If the criminals see more police patrols maybe they will think twice before commiting crimes.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
no flaming

Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM

548 posts, read 1,979,685 times
A few years ago I had to stop into a CVS at 1:00 in the morning due to my husband having an emergency eye operation (outpatient in doctors office). It was very busy and took over an hour to get the prescription so I don't think drive up would work if they aren't equipped to fill it right away. I think it's up to CVS to hire an armed guard. As to using all night supermarkets or Walmart AFAIK the pharmacies at such close at 9 or 10 at night and they'd be no safer. If someone wants to get drugs they will whether it is at 9 in the morning or 1 in the morning unless there is a deterent there and even then sometimes that doesn't stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area