Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 AM

114 posts, read 378,253 times

Advertisements

For those who love lake Jocassee (who doesn't) just thought I'd mention there is a new luxurious lodge / bed & breakfast very close to the lake. It is really a first in the area as it has gourmet dining, luxury accomodations, mountain views from the rooms and massage/spa on site. I met the owners recently and they seemed very accomodating. The whole place was "green built." I was impressed!

Thought this was worth mentioning considering the lack of lodging (outside of state parks) in the area. This particular place is called "Three Pines View" lodge and it is just north of 11 in Salem. I believe the website is: www.threepinesview.com

There is also a bit more casual place with wonderful owners down the road just outside the town of Salem. It is a more rural/farm type atmosphere, but is also pretty. This bed and breakfast has been there for a long time, but the friendly owners and pretty place are certainly also worth a look. Not sure if they have there own website, but the place is called "Sunrise Farm" bed and breakfast.

Happy fishing/relaxing/spa-ing on Jocassee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
this is right up my alley and I had no idea there was a place like this that close to here, thanks

Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM

60 posts, read 132,241 times
Default wow...

This looks great. Anyone know what rooms cost per night?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazboggs View Post
This looks great. Anyone know what rooms cost per night?
the website has the prices, looks like 235-350ish?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM

My knowledge is that rooms are in that price range (235-350), but the owners may be a bit flexible because they are very nice/easy to work with and the place is just getting started. Plus, one look at the rooms and I think you'll see they are definately worth the fee.

I remember that a gourmet breakfast was included and that a gourmet dinner is optional. I had the opportunity to try some of the dinner they served one night and I would highly recommend it...fantastic presentation and quality. The husband cooks the food and is fantastic at what he does. It is like eating at a 5 star restaurant right next to your own bungalow and with a view of the mountains. Also, while I did not get a massage, I heard the massage therapist there is excellent and well educated/qualified. I was so convinced, I got some gift certificates for my Greenville friends to use (for staying, massage, dinner or whatever) as birthday & Christmas gifts.

If you are interested, just stop by and the friendly owners will answer any questions you have. That is what I did and they were great!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 AM

Correction: $315 is the highest rate for a room (which is big enough for at least 4) and they go down from there (considerably). I spoke with the owners and they are planning on offering "packages" for the winter as well as "day stays" where groups can come a rent the lodge and its amenities for several hours (as opposed to overnight) and take advantage of the gourmet food, hot tub, massage, kayaking on Jocassee etc. Again, the owners, Steve and Diane, were incredibly friendly and the mountain sunset was awe inspiring: www.threepinesview.com

What a nice addition to our area! I think it will make a good spot to stick guests who are in town visiting the many folks who live on the Lake communities on Keowee or in Pickens/Oconee Counties. It also would make a good day trip from Greenville. For us in Oconee, it might just end up being a great place to grab dinner or a massage. In any case, it is nice to see such well thought-out businesses popping up in Oconee County!

Just to be fair handed, other nice bed and breakfasts in the area include the Sunrise Farm bed and breakfast in Salem and the Liberty Lodge bed and breafast in Walhalla. Each of these are very nice and relaxing in a country / rural sense, with wonderful owners in their own right. Three Pines View is more refined, offers more services/amenities and is new "green" construction versus the historical homes that are home to the other bed and breakfasts (which are also very nice). In any case, we are proud to have each of these fantastic owner-operated accomodations in Oconee.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,919 times
Wow this lodge sounds great! Thanks. My husband and I are going to be celebrating an anniversary soon and this being in the area will be wonderful!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area