Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM

5,518 posts, read 15,286,804 times

Advertisements

I am mainly disappointed by the lack of respect some people display toward those whose lives are in danger nearly every day. Many such brave and honorable men and women have sacrificed everything while serving their communities with virtually no hope of ever achieving material wealth as payment for their duty.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,532,909 times
Thumbs down Oh Please!!

Their lives are in danger sitting on the side of the road DOING NOTHING but waiting for someone to give a ticket!

Have not seen any of these police do any real work since I have been living here. The only thing they are in danger of is dying of laziness.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:43 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Did your friend tell the officer about this strange Missouri law before he had it towed?

Actuly it is not a strange Missouri State law. When the feds require it for trucks. Look under the Federal intrastate regulations. You people need to to get out of your shells once in a while. Semi's are required to have front mounted plates, not rear mounted as someone mis informed put on here. Ask any scalemaster what he will do if a semi pulls on his/her scale without the front mounted plate! And yes, the officer was shown the paperwork, state D.O.T. inspection and the front mounted licenseplate. The Police dept. has now been given a copy of the Missouri State law.
To the people of this State, maybe you think Missouri's law is strange, but 43 States disagree with you. Missouri at one time had the plates on back until a federal judge in a case ordered that they change the law so Missouri would be inline with the Feds requirements.
Hint, it could happen here too!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:47 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

That's ok, it'll swing back smack you in the face. Not that anyone would notice the difference in your looks.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,943,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Their lives are in danger sitting on the side of the road DOING NOTHING but waiting for someone to give a ticket!

Have not seen any of these police do any real work since I have been living here. The only thing they are in danger of is dying of laziness.
Define 'real work' for me. My guess is that you haven't personally seen them do any work only because you personally have not needed them to help you in any way.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,532,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Define 'real work' for me. My guess is that you haven't personally seen them do any work only because you personally have not needed them to help you in any way.
I love the way people like you get on here and talk to people as if you know them personally! You don't know me personally, have never had a personal conversation with me and sure do not know what police help I may have needed. Just because you have not had an experience does not mean that someone elses experience is not valid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area