U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 PM

42 posts, read 172,134 times

Advertisements

I have a friend looking for education/childcare for her daughter beginning this fall. Her child will be 18 months old this fall, and I see that Montessori Academy of Spartanburg admits children as young as 18 months.

Anyone know anything about this school? It's on Spring Street. That's all I know from my research online. My friend moved to Spartanburg recently, and I just thought I'd try to gather information for her.

Thanks for any info. you can offer.

-Sarah
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,303,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueDogsRule View Post
I have a friend looking for education/childcare for her daughter beginning this fall. Her child will be 18 months old this fall, and I see that Montessori Academy of Spartanburg admits children as young as 18 months.

Anyone know anything about this school? It's on Spring Street. That's all I know from my research online. My friend moved to Spartanburg recently, and I just thought I'd try to gather information for her.

Thanks for any info. you can offer.

-Sarah
I've always heard good things about the school. A good friend of mines kids go there so I'll ask him for more information.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:48 PM

149 posts, read 636,761 times
I have always heard good things about it!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,303,097 times
My friend said the school is really good.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,274 times
Excellent school. Both of my children attend this school(4yr old & 2 yr old) and we could not be happier. We were relocated by my company from South Florida 2 years ago to my office in the foothills of the NC mountains. We chose to live where we do because of the school even though it means 35 minute drive for me each way. The staff is really caring and great educators. I know I sound like a doting father but the difference is night and day when our children are around other kids in their age group who go to other preschools. Our son attended Montessori in Fort Lauderdale before moving here and his school now is so much better than the one in FLA.. Bottom line we think the Montessori philosophy is a great tool in the development of kids, and this school lets the kids blossom with this philosophy.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,883 times
My three kids go there currently. We've decided to leave them there for kindergarten. Like anywhere else, there are pros and cons. The toddler program is awesome. The pre-kindergarten is supposed to be very "academic" but I really don't see it. There's not a huge emphasis on learning to read before kindergarten, which was the biggest disappointment. But otherwise, its a great school, great staff, secure building, etc. And its not very expensive at all (same price as regular daycare in the area.) Definitely the best preschool in spartanburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area