Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 PM

81 posts, read 326,205 times

Advertisements

Well folks for those of you that enjoyed Paris Cafe as much as me and my husband did it is now a memory!! No more grilled turkey Panini or best of all the delicious Almond Croissant. What irritates me is one of the times we there last I asked them if they were closing because there was a leasing sign in the window and they said no that is for upstairs, and they reassured me they were not closing, Uggghhh!! So this week we went by and saw that the place is being re-done and we found out today from another local business by them that yes they closed. However, a new place is going the spot and they are going to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and are reported to also have a bakery too in this new business! Paris Cafe you will be missed!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 PM

31 posts, read 81,381 times
They did the same thing to me - I asked if they were going to close and they said no, just the place upstairs was for sale....

Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,645,722 times
Only the space upstairs is for sale according to loopnet.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,761,911 times
I am so sorry to hear of the Paris Cafe's closing too. Loved the decor and atmosphere even more than the food. Hope the new place is equal or better.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,484,885 times
So...... Is this new place going to be run by the same people as Paris Cafe (I'm a little confused here). I also loved the atmosphere and food.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 PM

The name of the new restaurant will be called "The Green Room"

Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM

Totally different owners, hopefully it won't be too expensive or over priced because then I won't go. They said they are going to have a full bakery of stuff beyond bread but other things like pasteries and various baked goods. Just have to wait and see I hope they serve good breakfast stuff I will be very happy if all is good!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,484,885 times
It appeared to be open during Fall for Greenville. The interior's look didn't seem much different (same exposed brick, etc) but there's now a wood bar set up on the right side (looking in from Main St). I hope this becomes something really great, because Paris Cafe was sooooo good!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Well just posted something but was lost in submission ugh!! Anyway we went in to new place for breakfast not impressed, odd selection menu and not very well set-up in layout and placement and size of tables since the bar takes up the whole area, really weird. No bakery in there to speak of only mention it because was told there would be baked items to buy but nada, zilch! What was really annoying was they put honey on my toast they came with my breakfast yuck, ugh thought it was butter and went to eat it with my eggs which were totally hard and overcooked sent it back got it replaced and said please no Honey on my toast!! I love honey but when and where I put it is my choice and not on toast with eggs!!LOL.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 AM

Everybody i've talked to that's eaten at the Green Room so far says they love it. Me thinks Two Jacks is still mad that Paris Cafe closed and won't accept the facts that the new restaurant is just as good if not better. It's time to move on. Paris Cafe isn't coming back from the dead. Personally, I am not suprised they closed either. They never seemed to be open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area