U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,859,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Exactly, which is why it annoys me when someone says "Why do we need <insert something>, we already have <insert something else>" Not everyone likes the existing selections.
Personally, I will not fight the traffic on Woodruff Road for chicken wings. Do not care who made them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM

10,356 posts, read 20,643,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Did I miss something?
I think Hobo is the one missing something. Just because I thought the cop was cool doesn't mean he let us break any laws. Why do people have to make false assumptions out of things?

Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 PM

506 posts, read 1,039,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Personally, I will not fight the traffic on Woodruff Road for chicken wings. Do not care who made them.
That's great for you. Chicken wings happen to be one of my favorite foods and when I lived in Orlando I drove 45 minutes 1 way to get the best ones around at least once a week, so spending 5 minutes in traffic on woodruff rd to get to the best wing place in town is fine with me. It also happens to basically be on my way home from work through my normal route anyway, perfect tuesday night wing night + beer happy hour hangout.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:45 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,135,995 times
Default Art123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
To anyone who mentioned all the wing places in the area: Wild Wing Cafe and Quaker Steak are two of the worst wing places in the country. They can't even compete with BWW. Chief's is just ok - it's VERY good news that BWW is open here finally. The only place that has remotely comparable wings (oddly enough) is Indigo Joe's, and BWW is still way better.
Wild wing cafe' sucks, BWW is pretty good, but my opinion is still that quaker steak and lube is the best around, this location sells more wings than any other in the country so they must be doing something right.

Keep in mind this is my opinion of THIS Quaker steak and lube, I have been to others around the country and not been impressed at all! BWW seems to be the same all over though, I've tried them in columbus ohio, rochester ny and charlotte, pretty consistent!

I think BWW will have a hard time competing with QSL in that area,

Indigo joes is joke bar food, straight from the microwave to your lips! lol

None of this even comes close to the wings in the buffalo NY area unfortunately

anyone know if BWW shows the UFC fights? I wouldn't mind a change of scenery from the normal places I go to watch the fights

Old 04-14-2010, 08:09 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,272,909 times
Yes, I apparently made an incorrect assumption. wasn't there, probably won't be for awhile if ever. The sentence was said by one poster "cop was there was cool. he could have ruined the night for 60-70% of the people, but he didn't. " I guess I incorrectly assumed that a cop really is only within his rights to "ruin someone's night" if a law is being broken.

So this new wing bar has a cop there all the time, or just on grand opening day?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 PM

111 posts, read 197,610 times
great wings really like this place. to clerify even though i shouldnt have to, the police enforced all of the laws of greenville and south carolina without making people feel uncomfortable. again for the slow ones, kevin ensured everyone was following the law, period.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 PM

5,473 posts, read 13,658,026 times
Although the location is not pretty or desirable, TNT Hot Wings in Spartanburg is very delicious. Their "wings" are larger and meatier than most other hot wing places I've tried in the Upstate recently and the flavor is simply fantastic.

QSL is a good place to visit with friends.

Wild Wing Cafe is good for lunch (all you can eat wing buffet).

My former favorite wing place was CW's Wings & Things at Five Forks, but the place has a new name now and I'm not sure their menu is the same.

Haven't tried a BWW, so I have no input on it. I've heard they're "average" but we'll see.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Yes, I apparently made an incorrect assumption. wasn't there, probably won't be for awhile if ever. The sentence was said by one poster "cop was there was cool. he could have ruined the night for 60-70% of the people, but he didn't. " I guess I incorrectly assumed that a cop really is only within his rights to "ruin someone's night" if a law is being broken.

So this new wing bar has a cop there all the time, or just on grand opening day?
The cop was only there for the grand opening celebration to make sure people didn't get out of hand. The reason I said he was a cool cop was not because he let people break the law which he didn't but because he was nice and participated in the games Buffalo Wild Wings put on. He could have easily told the DJ to turn off the music and make everybody go home but he didn't. BBW did a great job with this event. The amount of free food they handed out was amazing. They even had free donuts and coffee in the morning.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 AM

5,681 posts, read 9,970,723 times
Kim's Hot Wings is another great "hole in the wall" type wings place on Augusta Rd heading out from town, just before the Mauldin Rd intersection. It's run by an Asian man, and they also serve most of the Asian staple. But, they have hot wings, teriyaki wings, garlic pepper wings (fantastic!) and several other flavors. Mmm-mmm-good!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 AM

I'll just post this here I guess. BWW coming to Spartanburg. Restaurant will be located along U.S. 29 behind Olive Garden and Golden Corral about a mile east of Westgate Mall. Bids go out July 21st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area