Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times

Advertisements

I definitely want to make a move in September. Greenville is in the running. It looks like a nice town and it's a short plane ride home to PA whenever I may get a little homesick. I have some college but not a degree. Im at the point in my life where I dont want to stick around here. It's time to experience new things. I have a background in radio and office-call center type work. What are my employment prospects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM

8 posts, read 33,408 times
According to http://greenvilleonline.gannettonlin...careerbuilder/, there were 62 call center job listings in the last 30 days. This number will probably increase when the school year starts. I know that Teletech here is a large call center for UPS, there's a regional call center for the cable company, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. Radio I don't know a thing about, except for the fact that there are plenty of radio stations!

If you're interested in finishing your degree, there are many, many colleges convenient to Greenville. We even have a place called The University Center in an old shopping mall where you can take classes offered by schools all over the state.

Check out Greenville; it's a good place to be.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 AM

212 posts, read 922,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCKate
According to http://greenvilleonline.gannettonlin...careerbuilder/, there were 62 call center job listings in the last 30 days. This number will probably increase when the school year starts. I know that Teletech here is a large call center for UPS, there's a regional call center for the cable company, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. Radio I don't know a thing about, except for the fact that there are plenty of radio stations!

If you're interested in finishing your degree, there are many, many colleges convenient to Greenville. We even have a place called The University Center in an old shopping mall where you can take classes offered by schools all over the state.

Check out Greenville; it's a good place to be.
SCKate could you please answer a few questions about Greenville for me? First, are there any new housing developments within the city of Greenville area..by that I mean not in what I would call the suburbs? Secondly, I have checked the employment opportunities from a site on the local paper..employment opportunities seem slim..is that a wrong assesment? I see you mention call centers but that is not an option for me. Thank you.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:09 PM

89 posts, read 387,942 times
Hey you said you are in radio I don't know but I know that we have a couple of radio station located in the down town area. I don't know if they are hireing or not but maybe you could check them out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area