Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,827 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have a few questions...
I currently live in MD and have been supporting the DoD for almost 20 yrs, and it's time to move on from that. My parents live in SC and I'd like to relocate, but obviously need to ensure that I have the opportunity for continuing a stable life!

Q. 1) I'd like to know what type of restaurant is needed in the area? My mother and sister-in-law are interested in opening a bakery, but I was thinking something more... healthy But, I'm not dead-set on or against anything... and what area is recommended?

Q. 2) Also, what are race relations like in Greenville? I have 2 bi-racial sons (9 & 10) who have never really seen too much racism, and I want to ensure I choose a place where that will continue. I've been checking into the local school system, any recommendations on that?

Q. 3) Finally, my 9 yr old has been playing football since he was 4. He currently plays for the 80# division and is VERY good (no bias here!) - what are the youth football leagues like? Are the programs directed at honing the players' talent? Which youth football leagues / teams / coaches are recommended for a child who is truly serious about and loves the game?

Thank you for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM

6,888 posts, read 22,437,154 times
I'd say a bakery sounds good and I'd make it convenient to Simpsonville/Mauldin. If you come up with a great raisin/cinnamon bread I'll be there a few times a week.

Race isn't an issue here for the most part. There are plenty of bi-racial families living here. Most don't seem to care. I'm sure there are a few that do but I've never seen or heard it.

There is football in Mauldin for your 9yr old and that may extend to Greenville as well.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,534,994 times
Default On the right track

You are on the right track, even with this recession it still seems that people were eating out in the Greenville area. Opening your own business (controlling your own destiny) in my opinion is the best way to live in South Carolina. In fact if I ever decide to live in Greenville again I will do the same thing.

Better to have your own business then to be dependent on the city of Greenville to provide jobs so you can feed your family. With a reasonably priced bakery you should have no problem getting customers. Regarding bi-racial children you should have no difficulty in the Greenville area.

Good luck

Old 10-06-2009, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,827 times
Thanks all, for your responses! I'll keep you posted on what we decide!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-06-2009 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: OFF TOPIC DM MEMBER INSTEAD NO CHAT ON THE FORUM

Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,284,167 times
Any more off topic rants that dont answer original post in this thread or any other forum I WILL ISSUE INFRACTION

Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,492,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Any more off topic rants that dont answer original post in this thread or any other forum I WILL ISSUE INFRACTION
How does one go back to check their deleted post so they don't make the same mistake again??

Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,284,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatebooster View Post
how does one go back to check their deleted post so they don't make the same mistake again??
DOESNT MATTER they eas deleted as OFF TOPIC. You failed to answer the original post

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-06-2009 at 01:35 PM..

Old 10-06-2009, 02:34 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,492,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
DOESNT MATTER they eas deleted as OFF TOPIC. You failed to answer the original post
Geez, sorry I asked, Herr Moderator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area