Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,131,667 times

Advertisements

Have a contract on a home that needs all new flooring and besides the obvious HD or Lowes, I'd like to find out who locally has a good selection of flooring at very competitive prices.

I'll be looking for wood floor (about 1500 sq ft) carpet, tile and possibly resilient tiles.

I'm going to check on line, but really would rather give the business to a local company if the price and selection are right.

Please let me know who you bought your flooring through. How you decided to go with that particular company - was it price, and if so, how the prices compared with others, was it the service and selection that made you go with that company? Did you have it installed by whoever you bought it from, someone else, or did it yourself?

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 AM

672 posts, read 1,412,480 times
There is a Lumber Liquidators in Simpsonville. They are a national chain with very competitive prices: Lumber Liquidators: Hardwood Floors for Less!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,129,410 times
Give Bobby a call at Dillard Enterprises in Ft. Inn. He did two rooms in my home recently, carpet to hardwood, and we were very pleased. He is local and has been in business a long time.
website is www.carpetyourhome.com

Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM

288 posts, read 945,651 times
TurnKey Renovations in Simpsonville. Home - Turn-Key Renovations. They installed and finished hardwoods in our kitchen. I shopped around a lot and they had the best price and service, hands down. They also ripped out a friend's shower and redid a new one with tile. I got to watch the process and was very pleased with the extra care they took on things that weren't visible later but integral to making the shower well-constructed and watertight for the long term. They are a locally owned, family-based company. Barbara is great at giving you advice on things and working within your budget. They also sell and install carpet. Take a look at their website. They are having a great deal on Shaw carpet at the moment.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,676,159 times
OP:

I can't recommend a local installer, but I can recommend a supplier. I bought 900 sq ft of wood flooring from simplefloors. The prices and quality were very acceptable. They sent me 5 samples of wood. I picked one out and the shipped me a pallet. The shipping was only $100ish. One box arrived damaged and they replaced ( mind you, it took a few weeks for that box to be replaced). The millwork quality is pretty good. There were a few warped boards. This might be due to the fact that a few boxes were left in my garage during very humid weather... or maybe they were just warped upon arrival.

Overall, I was pleased. I would like to note that if you go with cheap wood flooring, you will get what you pay for. Their cheaper wood damages very easily. If you go to lowe's and find their $2 sqft boards and try to scratch them, it will scratch just the same as any cheap wood from this place.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,488,869 times
We had carpet installed in January and used Brooks Flooring, Rutherford Rd, Taylors (near Wade Hampton Blvd). We already had some hardwood and tile and weren't shopping for anything but carpet. Brooks did a turn-key job including removal of old carpet and some slate tile. We were VERY pleased with the choices, prices, service, and quality of installation. Brooks was comparable price-wise with Carpet One on Wade Hampton, but we happened to find a particular style of carpet we liked best at Brooks.

Brooks was recommended by our realtor at Coldwell Banker (whom we also liked a lot). In fact we were extremely pleased with almost all recommendations made by the concierge service at Coldwell Banker (painter, house cleaner, plumber, electrician, general carpenter, etc).

Old 10-06-2009, 04:32 PM

4 posts, read 10,751 times
My advise is to get the flooring you want and hire a contractor to install it. This way you won't be limiting your self the the brands they offer or like to install.

I could offer the name of a reputable company but I can't as being the owner it would be spam.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:07 PM

511 posts, read 1,518,163 times
Personal Touch flooring on Hwy. 153 does a good job. They have their own installers but I think the prices are fair.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 PM

915 posts, read 2,416,508 times
I would also recommend getting in contact with John Humphrie over at Michael's Carpet (627-0000). They have done MANY jobs for my clients, and actually refloored our last house (every inch of carpet, hardwood, and tile). Nobody beat their prices, and they did a phenomenal job.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,518,779 times
I can give negative feedback on Greer Flooring Center - basically the grout on the tile they installed is all coming up and I called them to ask for a solution and they came out but never got back with me on that (though they had no problem quoting me for a new and different job which, of course, they did not get)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area