Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 03:34 PM

18 posts, read 49,353 times

Advertisements

For the past month or more, it seems like there are bees everywhere here in Simpsonville. Seriously, I mow the lawn, out pops a bee or two every 3 feet. On the deck, all over. Even hovering or bumping against the windows all day. Is this normal for the area and/or time of year? I'm new (ish) to the Greenville area, but when I lived near Taylors/Greer this time last year, it was not an issue. Not even this bad in bug central (Florida) for 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,503,746 times
We've seen more yellowjackets than usual this year.... Wassup?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM

1,942 posts, read 2,738,673 times
This is the time of year for yellow jackets. I think the perception of more this year has to do with the fact we are getting more rain than we have in the last couple of years.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 AM

80 posts, read 226,271 times
We had a problem with them this year too. We had a tree cut down in August and it stirred up hundreds. The tree cutter was on the other side of the fence and all of a sudden he went screaming across the neighbors yard stripping off his clothes. When he finally settled down and we got him hosed off he had over 30 stings from his belt line up. I felt sorry for the guy. The foreman and I thought he cut off a body part of something.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM

347 posts, read 977,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny the gimp View Post
We had a problem with them this year too. We had a tree cut down in August and it stirred up hundreds. The tree cutter was on the other side of the fence and all of a sudden he went screaming across the neighbors yard stripping off his clothes. When he finally settled down and we got him hosed off he had over 30 stings from his belt line up. I felt sorry for the guy. The foreman and I thought he cut off a body part of something.
Ouch!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 AM

36 posts, read 104,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleEllyn View Post
Ouch!!
Ouch is right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area