Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 AM

76 posts, read 176,234 times

Advertisements

Hello.

In a week my husband will be in Greenville for two days. I am hoping he can have a thorough look around while he is there on business--thanks to this forum, he'll have a nice list of places to check out and a couple of good restaurants to try!

Sorry to ask another "where should we live question," but I have done some serious searching on this forum and am still at a loss. I have some really good ideas about subdivisions should we buy a house, but for now, we really just want to focus on short term lease options.

We will need (partially) furnished, temporary housing for 1-3 months, arriving in December. We want to be convenient to the Donaldson Center Airport area, but because we will only have one car for a couple of months, it would be nice to live on the Greenville Bus Line but that is not essential. (I have looked at the Greenville bus line map and it made me cross-eyed!)

I have searched "corporate housing" but from what I have seen, those options are too expensive beyond a few days. I am hoping someone out there has lived somewhere like this when you first relocated and can give me a bit of help.

I don't want to spend Christmas in a dump but can't afford a palace either!!!

Kind regards,
Christine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM

11 posts, read 37,158 times
Hello,

My name is Maryanne Charlton and I am the Sales and Service Coordinator for the Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites by Marriott here in Greenville. Both porperties are designed for the long-term or short-term traveler. All of our rooms are All Suites with fully equipped kitchens. The Residence Inn has amenties including a full hot buffet breakfast and a manager's reception in the evening Mon-Thurs. We offer a basketball and tennis court as well as a fire pit and grill area. The TownePlace Suites includes a Grab-N-Go breakfast as well as a grill area. We are offering great rates for relocations or if you would just like to stay the night. Please feel free to contact me at 864-627-1292.

Thank you,
Maryanne Charlton

Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,337 times
About a month ago I was looking at apartments in the area and a number of them had short term lease options. Unfortunately I can't tell you which apartments those were at this time simply because I don't remember, and I'm pretty sure that 3 months was the shortest term that I saw. Doing a quick Google search for "greenville, sc short term lease" did come up with several listings. If you don't want to pay corporate housing rates, that would be where I would start.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:32 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
I'm not sure about their pricing, but I know lots of corporate relocations use the Azalea Hill Suites at Verdae (I pass by there on the way to work sometimes). I believe that is the specific market these apartments are aimed at. They're on Verdae Blvd between Laurens Rd and Woodruff Rd, and I believe a Greenlink route runs along Verdae Blvd. The city is working on getting updated bus shelters at all bus stops. Hope this helps! You'll have to visit the Christmas Market in Piazza Bergamo downtown during December!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM

156 posts, read 356,305 times
Hey there,
We're in this situation right now. In a temporary apt directly across from Michelin (which I believe is one exit up from the airport) called Crestmont @ Thornblade. They have furnished, unfurnished and short term leases available. We have a 2 br/2bath unit for short term lease. They require 60 days notice prior to leaving. So far we really like it. We opted for unfurnished since we wanted to keep some furniture in our home while it's being sold. We just brought a few pieces here to SC. They have an exercise room and a pool (of no use now but still...lol). My husband also looked at the complex directly behind, Ashton Woods, and another near Haywood Mall and liked this the best.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 PM

76 posts, read 176,234 times
Many thanks, this is very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area