Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 AM

2,067 posts, read 5,943,991 times

Advertisements

I recommend the following traps: Amazon.com: Mice Cube 3-pk Humane Mouse Trap - The Only Mousetrap You'll Ever Use: Kitchen & Dining I bought three, and to be honest, didn't catch anything, until I washed them and put them away under the sink, empty. A month of so later, I went looking for something and something caught my eye. It was a dead mouse rotting in one of the empty traps! I felt bad, as the idea is to let them go away from the house, but anyway, I got rid of my mouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,448,862 times
It is seemingly a huge red flag to see a house for sale with multiple, visible mouse traps. I'm surprised the owners left them there while the house is being shown, because that would be a major deterrent for most people.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,815,561 times
d-con works wonders, its the little green pellets, I have animals so I just put them in places where the animals couldn't get to them but I was sure the mice would(behind the frig, stove, places where nobody would ever go except mice, lol). and again, don't cheap out and buy the generic green pellets, I tried those, it didn't work, someone recommended d-con to me and the mice were gone in a matter of days, and not just dead, gone, like they left, it was eerie, lol

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,109,392 times
Do not bring in nor keep carboard boxes in the house. Ditto paper sacks. Roaches love 'em. Look under the sinks and use steel wool (soap free) to plug any holes around the pipe openings. Caulk windows and doors outside and keep them closed. Keep all containers closed incluing the toy box. Keep crumbs off the counters and the floor. Keep your dishwasher and clothes washer tigntly closed.

Keep the trash can sealed with a lid. (A garbage disposal is a good thing.) No standing water or kidding pools near the house. Empty pool daily and turn it upside down. No standing water in sinks, showers or bath tubs. Rinse soda cans and bottles thoroughly. Roaches like everything sweet and sticky like jelly, candy, pies,candy wrappers, soda, etc.. So do ants.

If you have a fireplace, do not stack wood next to the house. Spiders and snakes do not like mothballs. You can tie those up in nylon hose and tack them under the eaves.

Wasps love corners of porches and under the eaves. If you spray late at night in a couple of days you can knock down the nest. Never spray when they are awake. They will swarm and attack.

Vacuum frequently in baby room and every room where family activities concentrate the most.

Mold spores are in the ground and in the air. If your child has allergies, one of the best things you can do is use the filters that are marked "mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust mites, etc" The 3 M Filtrate bramd marked 1200 or higher work very well. Change it once a month. It's a good investment. We have two lung diseases in our house. Open windows let mold spors inside the house. I've beng doing it for 5 years. It's amazaing how much the filters cut down on flu like symptoms, allergic reactions to pollen, sinus irritants and colds in our house. Plus dust.

If you use a hose outside. Turn off the water and drain the hose as much as possible. Make sure the shelves where ou stoer sugars, syrup and anything sweet is washed regularly and the outside of the containers too, Roaches that cannot find food and water will go elsewhere.

Water bugs live in the sewer system. When the sewer flood - you may never have a flood - they come into the house through drains. I did not learn this until I had a basement full after a flood. I almost had a heart attack when I turned the lights on. The walls were almost black. IF you get an infestation you will have to call a professional. IF you do, go to a motel for 3 days and hae the carpet cleaned before you go home. Allergies and carpet go hand-in-hand. If you can get all wood floors that is even better.
Been there, done it all. Too old to move.

If you do all these 'little; things, you'll be Suzi Homemaker in no time. . If you believe that I'll sell you some ocean front property in Chicago, cheap.

Last edited by linicx; 10-26-2009 at 05:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: