U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:31 AM

77 posts, read 136,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
The smoke is just one problem. The grease and filth in these places is beyond belief. I can not figure why any inteligent person would go in one.
...probably for the same reason an intelligent person would shoot whiskey, ride a motorcycle, smoke a pipe, eat a whopper, go skydiving, swim with sharks, use real butter...

because it's FUN! Yay Waffle House. I have a feeling it will be the same clientele as the Little Bi Lo...a mixture of neighborhood folks and homeless people. It should make for an awesome meal experience!! Bring on the stank yummy food! I know this is an oxymoron...but it is quite the accurate description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,367,421 times
Quote:
The smoke is just one problem. The grease and filth in these places is beyond belief. I can not figure why any inteligent person would go in one.
I eat there all the time, been going since I was a teenager, its part of the charm I found a piece of plate in my eggs at one once!
Hahaha but you can't deny that the price of the food matches the decor,the easley one had like a $5 all star special running for almost a month not too long ago.(2 eggs, hashbrowns or grits, bacon or sausage, a waffle and toast w/coffee) The coffee is actually fresh ground for what its worth!

I went to one in Alpharetta, GA once that was pretty nice, and given it will be non smoking and the city is putting restrictions on what it will look like, I think this one may be nice as well!

I hope it is 24hrs, the city needs some sort of all hours diner/restaurant, there is nothing like that, almost every town i've even lived in has had them.

c'mon their merch just screams class!
Waffle House

Last edited by NoodlesKnowles; 10-30-2009 at 10:07 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 07:13 PM

1,941 posts, read 2,578,068 times
Quote:
Convenience. They are open late after bars close, and in most cities they are the only thing open then. I agree that the food is low quality and the atmosphere is not a good one, but when people have been out all night drinking they tend to be less discriminating.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:30 AM

115 posts, read 147,522 times
Waffle House is overrated!!!!! I'd rather see and IHOP!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 AM

5,399 posts, read 5,673,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Convenience. They are open late after bars close, and in most cities they are the only thing open then. I agree that the food is low quality and the atmosphere is not a good one, but when people have been out all night drinking they tend to be less discriminating.
Gimme eggs & cheese anytime! And I don't know why, but their coffee is always so GOOD.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,367,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Gimme eggs & cheese anytime! And I don't know why, but their coffee is always so GOOD.
they actually grind their own beans to make the coffee believe it or not thats what I love about waffle house, its real, cheap, good food.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 AM

857 posts, read 815,043 times
I've driven on Stone Ave countless times - sorry NIMBYs - but that area isn't as "high end" as they would like to think it is... McDaniel Ave it's not!

Bring on the Cheese & Eggs!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM

5,399 posts, read 5,673,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
I've driven on Stone Ave countless times - sorry NIMBYs - but that area isn't as "high end" as they would like to think it is... McDaniel Ave it's not!

Bring on the Cheese & Eggs!
I think they like to think of it as an adjunct to the North Main area, but it's definitely more gritty to be sure!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:41 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,116,762 times
After a while it becomes really boring seeing the same chain restaurants opening up new locations when they already have a ton of Waffle House's all over the Greenville area.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:55 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,067,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I think they like to think of it as an adjunct to the North Main area, but it's definitely more gritty to be sure!
I am sure you would like to have a Waffle House sitting in your backyard. Really builds up those property values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area