U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-27-2011, 11:41 AM

10 posts, read 15,925 times
Any updates on this? I would love a Target also. With the Easley Town Center Open and bringing in more stuff. A target would give me less reasons to get on Woodruff Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-27-2011, 09:26 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
so nobody knows anything? I'm worried it's just going to be the rumored Ingles move.
Ingle's is not moving. It will remain its current site as a new replacement store is built. Its former space and CVS will be demolished first to build half of the new store, then the existing store will be demolished to complete the new store.

Unread 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 17,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingle's is not moving. It will remain its current site as a new replacement store is built. Its former space and CVS will be demolished first to build half of the new store, then the existing store will be demolished to complete the new store.
Will the CVS be rebuilt as well?

Any word on Target lately? I was so disappointed when they ended up not building in Powdersville, but now I keep hearing the rumors of a Target building by Rock Springs which is even closer than Powdersville. Is there not come kind of clause in Wal-mart's contract that would prevent them from moving so close? I have no idea who such matters work.

Lastly, I see the Khol's coming right along. Any ideas when BB&B, shoe carnival, etc. will be built?

Okay, this will really be last! I just read about the Big Lots moving into the old WM building (or part of it?). I am happy about that. I go to the one in Berea once in a while, but I would love to have one here in EAsley.

Unread 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM

8,549 posts, read 11,719,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgzack View Post
Will the CVS be rebuilt as well?
CVS is opening a new location at Highways 81 and 153 across from Rite Aid. The current CVS will close when this new one opens.

Unread 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM

342 posts, read 275,760 times
Quote:

so that whole plaza on 81 will be one big Ingles in the future? Your saying that entire plaza will be demolished and replaced with just an Ingles, I think they would be better off just moving to 153 if that's the case.

Unread 07-29-2011, 07:38 AM

5,403 posts, read 8,377,712 times
Quote:
so that whole plaza on 81 will be one big Ingles in the future? Your saying that entire plaza will be demolished and replaced with just an Ingles, I think they would be better off just moving to 153 if that's the case.
It is doubtful that Ingles would ever give up that prime land on S.C. 81. They actually have an advantage over BI-LO when it comes to serving the area west of S.C. 153. That "plaza" currently only has Ingles and CVS, which will relocate soon.

I heard a fuel station will be added as well.

Unread 07-29-2011, 01:14 PM

342 posts, read 275,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post

Now that would be a good idea, nothing from Cane's corner near Wren High to the less then stellar gas stations at the 81 and 153 intersection

Unread 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,466,995 times
Quote:
so that whole plaza on 81 will be one big Ingles in the future? Your saying that entire plaza will be demolished and replaced with just an Ingles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
It is doubtful that Ingles would ever give up that prime land on S.C. 81. They actually have an advantage over BI-LO when it comes to serving the area west of S.C. 153. That "plaza" currently only has Ingles and CVS, which will relocate soon.

The new Ingle's will feature a drive through pharmacy and an I-Mart fuel station. An attached garden center is likely compared to recently improved stores in Flat Rock, Hendersonville, and Black Mountain, North Carolina. A Starbucks Coffee department inside the store remains unconfirmed.

Also, most of Powdersville's population reside west of SC-153. Having a new Ingle's closer to the populated core will affect Bi-Lo.

Unread 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,109,390 times
Quote:

Also, most of Powdersville's population reside west of SC-153. Having a new Ingle's closer to the populated core will affect Bi-Lo.
makes sense. thats the only bilo i'll shop at because its actually nice compared to most of the ones in the greenville/easley area. that ingles is in dire need of a makeover

Unread 07-31-2011, 10:20 AM

5,403 posts, read 8,377,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
makes sense. thats the only bilo i'll shop at because its actually nice compared to most of the ones in the greenville/easley area. that ingles is in dire need of a makeover
In addition to the Powdersville store, I like the Super BI-LO stores at Verdae Village, Pelham Road (near Thornblade), and S.C. 14 in Simpsonville. I haven't been inside most of the others in many years, so I can't speak on their behalf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area