Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 05:43 PM

40 posts, read 110,231 times

Advertisements

I love to read this forum, and don't post very often, but I wanted to share a restaurant find. My husband and I are from Massachusetts, and have always missed roast beef sandwiches and steak subs. Formano's on Woodruff Road (former Rotelli's across from Goodwill) is absolute heaven! If you love roast beef sandwiches, you'll love theirs! They also have pizza and chicken ke-bobs that we haven't tried yet, but I know this will on our list to try.

Happy eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:21 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
I love roast beef, but when you say rb sandwich, what exactly does that mean? Is it hot roast beef with gravy, or something else?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 PM

It's sort of like Arbys, but so not like Arbys. Ha, ha. It's a very thinly sliced premium pink roast beef (Arbys is that rubbery gray beef!), served warm on a soft toasted bun. They generally serve it with a BBQ sauce, but you can also get it plain with just a slice of cheese. I love it plain with cheese and some salt. It's heaven on a bun. We got a side of onion rings to share, which were also equally as wonderful. My husband says the way I keep talking that I'm going to end up working there.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
LOL Sounds good. I will give them a try!

You are probably not old enough to remember this, but Arby's used to actually have a roast hanging there that they sliced the meat off of for the sandwiches. It was so not like the processed stuff they serve these days! It was really good then!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
LOL Sounds good. I will give them a try!

You are probably not old enough to remember this, but Arby's used to actually have a roast hanging there that they sliced the meat off of for the sandwiches. It was so not like the processed stuff they serve these days! It was really good then!
Dang, I must be old then, because I remember them doing that...that was pretty cool.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:34 PM

45 posts, read 156,760 times
I have to say that thanks to this post Formano's has become a must have for me and my wife. We have been here at least once a week for the last month and always leave satisfied. The roast beef here is great. You have to try the onion rings they are the best in the upstate. This place is defiantly worth the visit.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,489 times
Forget roast beef - The Lobster Rolls - Fried Clams - Fried Mozzarella - Cheese Steak with Mushrooms are the best - and the owners are friendly and can accomodate most anything you can dream up. This place is not just a sub shop - it's the a trip back to Boston.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM

I am so glad you have all loved it, we have not been disappointed, and it really is like a trip back to Boston, or better yet, the North Shore!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM

470 posts, read 595,364 times
I've had the steak sub, it has a slice or 2 of salami in it! It was very good! The pizza is good also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area