Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times

Advertisements

Seriously, anyone can claim to be anything in an online forum. As a real first generation Upstate native myself, I question your level of sincerity after posting such completely ridiculous statements without any evidence to support them. We're discussing regional weather patterns, which can easily be supported by scientific data. The hard data (along with my personal experience over the years) refutes your claim that "probably 8 [out of] 10 years we get NO snow or just some flurries", not to mention the incredibly inaccurate claim that "summer lasts from March [to] Oct or November". Furthermore (as if the local inaccuracy was not enough), I am highly skeptical regarding your claim that Midwestern and Northern states have four equally long seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistajane View Post

Yeah I have 38 facts, one for every year that I have actually LIVED here since I was born. What makes you the expert?? weather.com LMAO!! And you never answered my question, I guess that means you ar NOT a native of SC?

Let's just wait till this March and see what the temps are...and I bet that the AC will be coming on all over Gville.
Well since weather.com is not good enough for you, check out the government's weather site, NOAA. It shows the same thing....average highs in March (low 60's) and average low in March (mid 40's). That is fact, from government scientist. Unless you are a meteorologist / scientist that has come up with a scientific process to change weather, then your claims are not valid. Sorry.

If you really insist that March is summer in Greenville, please, by all means, produce the facts.

Last edited by gsupstate; 01-08-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistajane View Post
Born and raised, how about you??? And yes, my daughter has a birthday in March and there have been many, MANY years that we have had to turn on the AC because of the heat in March. If you think each season here lasts 3 months you must have come from the midwest or the north, where it actually does.

Snow??? Why, because last year it happened to snow in March? Do you realize that probably 8/10 years we get NO snow or just some flurries? One year does not constitute a pattern. If you had lived here your entire life maybe you could really truthfully comment on this.
You do realize, don't you, that Spring in general, and March in particular are very changeable? I've seen it in the 80's in March, but I've also seen it snow. The temperatures mentioned by other here are averages. No one truly expects the entire month to have the same temperature regime!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 PM

275 posts, read 793,021 times
Default Re: Really Liked Greenville

From the weatherunderground.com website, looking at the graphic for record hi/lo temperatures for Greenville, it appears that a 90° high temperature record has not been attained in Greenville until mid April. Consequently, the latest in the year that the RECORD high temp of 90° or more was reached was mid September. Before mid April and after mid September, the record high temperatures drop off dramatically. Now, one of the posters said that she has run the ac in March. Entirely possible as everyone's tolerance to the ambient temperature is different. My wife has constantly been on my case during this cold snap to raise the house temp above 72° as she is very uncomfortable. But, 72° IS room temperature and quite comfortable for me. So go figure.

I guess my point is that I just wanted to share first-hand impressions of the Greenville area after having done a great deal of research, including reading posts from this site. The weather certainly will have a big impact on my decision concerning where I ultimately end up. While Greenville does get above 90°, I am sure it will be something I can tolerate more than 90° here in FL. I certainly didn't intend to start this thread so that people can argue about weather in March. Take a deep breath, relax and be happy that you all live in a pretty darn nice area of the country.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:13 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
From the weatherunderground.com website, looking at the graphic for record hi/lo temperatures for Greenville, it appears that a 90° high temperature record has not been attained in Greenville until mid April. Consequently, the latest in the year that the RECORD high temp of 90° or more was reached was mid September. Before mid April and after mid September, the record high temperatures drop off dramatically. Now, one of the posters said that she has run the ac in March. Entirely possible as everyone's tolerance to the ambient temperature is different. My wife has constantly been on my case during this cold snap to raise the house temp above 72° as she is very uncomfortable. But, 72° IS room temperature and quite comfortable for me. So go figure.

I guess my point is that I just wanted to share first-hand impressions of the Greenville area after having done a great deal of research, including reading posts from this site. The weather certainly will have a big impact on my decision concerning where I ultimately end up. While Greenville does get above 90°, I am sure it will be something I can tolerate more than 90° here in FL. I certainly didn't intend to start this thread so that people can argue about weather in March. Take a deep breath, relax and be happy that you all live in a pretty darn nice area of the country.
It's okay - there are some "regulars" around here who like to stir the pot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area