Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 13,951 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I just moved here a few months ago and have a new puppy. I am looking for a good vet with reasonable pricing. I have scheduled an appointment with Hillcrest Animal Hospital in Simpsonville but can't find any reviews and they don't have a website to check it out more. Has anyone gone there and what was your opinion? If not, do you know a good vet in the Simpsonville, Mauldin, Greer area??
Thanks for any help you can give!

Last edited by sheatodd; 01-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM

169 posts, read 570,716 times
Not in the areas you mentioned...But we are very pleased with

Fountain Inn Animal Clinic: Hardy III H David DVM
1126 North Main Street, Fountain Inn, SC 29644-1322(864) 862-4707‎

Pricing seems fair, and when our dog and our daughter's friends dog were ill with the same symptoms, we only had to take our dog, his specimen and the other dog's specimen in and they treated them both... the other dog at no charge, except for meds...

They are located just south of Simpsonville in Fountain Inn...

Hope this helps...

Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,932 times
We also use Fountain Inn Animal Clinic. We have been very happy with the care they have provided our dog.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Cleveland Park Animal Hospital also has a Simpsonville location. They have a good reputation - Phone is 864-963-8025. CLEVELAND PARK ANIMAL HOSPITAL

Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM

288 posts, read 949,181 times
My animals have been patients at Ft. Inn Animal Clinic and Cleveland Park. Cleveland Park was expensive and rather pushy concerning vaccinations and other things. Like really guilt tripping me when I chose not to do a radial mastectomy (!) and chemotherapy on my elderly cat after she had a tumor removed (she went on to live another happy 4 years). When I called them out to do a pre-purchase exam on a horse, they examined the wrong one and had to come back. I also had a friend who took a cat there to be groomed and had an experience so horrible that the cat wound up being taken to stay at another vet while IV antibiotics were administered. That put me off them permanently.

I found Ft. Inn to be friendly and low-priced but best for routine stuff. I wasn't impressed with their ability to diagnose and treat anything unusual. I had a cat that I kept taking in for recurring urinary tract infections. After the third recurrence and a third round of difficult to administer liquid antibiotics, I changed vets. Which leads me to my recommendation of Holly Tree Animal Hospital on Hwy. 14.

Holly Tree treated the urinary infection on the first trip. The cat hasn't had an infection since (over 2 yrs ago). They also kept my very sick Siamese in intensive care for 4 days until he recovered from a serious digestive problem. He hasn't been sick again either. Holly Tree isn't the cheapest initially but they are reasonable, especially considering their skill. I'd rather pay more for one good visit than less for three unsuccessful ones. I highly recommend Dr. Storm, especially for cats. She has a great, gentle way with them. She's also very good about doing research and contacting other vets/vet schools, etc. if she runs into a difficult case. They will also try to work within your budget and help you figure out what is necessary and best for the pet long-term (without been pushy or condescending). As long as we live in the area, I'll never go anywhere else. And I have several friends who feel the same.

Last edited by Gaelcat; 01-24-2010 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 AM

16 posts, read 34,976 times
We use Holly Tree and like them. Our dog will actually run up to the door when we go there. She has had several infections and Holly Tree is always able to see her within a day. Dr. Storm is really good with dogs also.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Also check out McPhail Animal Hospital in Mauldin. They've been around a long time, the vet is and older man. The service they give is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area