Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

G-man, that has got to be the most positively wonderful post I have ever seen from you! VERY nice additions and thank you for taking the time to get out there and capture these images of Greenville's quality lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 AM

617 posts, read 2,571,875 times
Great pics, guys! I wish I could be in town to take pictures. Rock Hill sucks.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 AM

617 posts, read 2,571,875 times
Wait! I still have a couple on the computer! Well, one maybe...

Old 09-20-2007, 10:19 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
G-man, that has got to be the most positively wonderful post I have ever seen from you! VERY nice additions and thank you for taking the time to get out there and capture these images of Greenville's quality lifestyle.
Thanks dude.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkwat View Post
These were great! I have to ask, the picture of the Hyatt, were they taken the weekend that they celebrated their 25th anniversary? If so, that was the weekend we visited and stayed at the Hyatt! And, it was your 7-20-07 post of picture on this thread that made me finally book the trip to come take a look. How appropriate that you took pictures of the Hyatt. Even a little spooky
Nope. They were taken last weekend.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM

51 posts, read 170,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Nope. They were taken last weekend.
Guess they are keeping the sign up for the year. Makes sense. Great pictures!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:30 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkwat View Post
And, it was your 7-20-07 post of picture on this thread that made me finally book the trip to come take a look.
What did you think of your visit? How did it compare to what you expected? I am interested in hearing the pros and cons from your vantage point.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:50 AM

51 posts, read 170,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
What did you think of your visit? How did it compare to what you expected? I am interested in hearing the pros and cons from your vantage point.
We loved it! We will still need to get a better feel for the surrounding areas, but felt right at home in the downtown. Might be because I pour over the pictures on this thread everyday I was really afraid that I would be disappointed because my expectation were SO high! If anything, it's even better in person! It was a very short visit and I miss it like it's already home! I'm trying to think of any negatives, but except for the heat (we were there 8/18 -8/21 during the heat wave! YIKES!) I can't come up with anything.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:17 PM

81 posts, read 327,140 times
Default Great Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
That's not even half of them either.
hey G-man right on awesome shots there of around town! I recognized that chair in the marble hallway for shoe shining. When we were there last year I met one of the men that does the shoe shining there, totally cool guy talked for awhile with me and my husband. Wondering if he is still there working there. Does anyone have any pictures of Spartanburg at all, want to see more of that area never made it over there. Thanks again!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 PM

579 posts, read 2,862,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagenyjoe View Post
The next place? And then when Greenville becomes unbearable you will move on again? We should come up for a term for folks like this. Municipal rape maybe. You move in to soak up all the milk & honey then move on out. How self centered. I know I will get chewed out for this comment because there are so many out there who are only in it for themselves.
wow, how presumptuous. You don't know anything about me or my life, where I'm from or how i got there. How is wanting a better quality life as a productive member of society "municipal rape"? How exactly is tha self centered? And what do you know about me to make that judgement? oh and btw, the last time I checked, this was a free country and people have the right to live wherever they damn-well please. deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area