Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 PM

83 posts, read 732,419 times

Advertisements

Skyliner, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos. I always look forward to seeing more. Do you remember when the fall pictures in the park were taken? We will be in Greenville for a couple of days the third week of October and I can hardly wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 PM

617 posts, read 2,564,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccemup View Post
wow, how presumptuous. You don't know anything about me or my life, where I'm from or how i got there. How is wanting a better quality life as a productive member of society "municipal rape"? How exactly is tha self centered? And what do you know about me to make that judgement? oh and btw, the last time I checked, this was a free country and people have the right to live wherever they damn-well please. deal with it.
raccemup, I agree with you. It was wrong for him to say that, and you have the right to live here as well as anywhere. However, I think it's time for everyone to stop playing the "free country" card. Because, as we all should know, this is not much of a free country anymore. (for a recent example, see Florida student tasered...freedom of speech? So he thought.)

Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM

And I understand that doesn't directly relate to this situation , just saying it bothers the heck outta me when people say that!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,645,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOVE View Post
Skyliner, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos. I always look forward to seeing more. Do you remember when the fall pictures in the park were taken? We will be in Greenville for a couple of days the third week of October and I can hardly wait!
How come he gets all the credit? What about ME? Fall for Greenville might be going on when you are here Valove.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM

I am so sorry, g-man!!! Your pictures are awesome, too! I was so busy looking at the photos, I didn't even notice there was a break between yours and Skyliner's!

Unfortunately, we will just miss Fall for Greenville. It's the weekend before we arrive. But we were thinking about seeing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow at Fall's Park one night, and maybe going to the Brown Street Club the other night. We're planning to spend one day downtown - shopping and exporing the galleries, etc. Since we are visiting my niece and nephew, who are 11 and 13, I thought it might be fun to do some kind of outdoor activity the other day - maybe hiking or canoeing. Any suggestions on where would be the best place to go?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:54 AM

I posted some too! Well, maybe 10 or so, haha. Anyways, the Brown Street Club is really nice...I haven't been able to eat or listen to any music there, but I have stopped by to check it out. (there was a ferrari parked outside, indicator of a nice place to be ) For your "outdoor" day, you could go up to Paris Mountain State Park. It's 10-20 minutes from downtown, so not very far at all...yet it seems to be in the middle of nowhere once you're inside the park. I have a couple pictures from parts of it. You could also head farther north to Caesar's Head, Table Rock, Jones Gap, etc.

Part of Paris Mtn State Park: (i may have posted this a while back, but oh well...I like it!

There are a few hiking trails up there. The small lake/pond in the pictures is farther up into the park. There's a trail that goes to another lake from there, I believe, but I have never hiked all the way because I didn't have the time. I think it takes an hour or so.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 PM

Thank you p2y2r70 - those are great ideas and I'm so glad you included the pictures. Again, I am just amazed at how incredibly beautiful the whole area is.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOVE View Post
Thank you p2y2r70 - those are great ideas and I'm so glad you included the pictures. Again, I am just amazed at how incredibly beautiful the whole area is.
No problem One of my favorite things about Greenville is it's location. You can be walking Main St one minute, and 30 minutes later be somewhere like that...and 30 more minutes farther North you can be sitting on Bald Rock looking at Greenville from far away!

Oh, the park is much larger than that small lake. There are other ponds/lakes within the park and plenty of picnic shelters throughout it. I think there's even an archery range, but you probably have to bring your own bow and arrows. I also forgot to mention that there is an entrance fee at the front gate.

Here's a helpful site: Paris Mountain State Park

Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM

32 posts, read 124,228 times
What is the availability of homes built in the late 1800s to early 1900 in Greenville. I am looking to relocate and Greenville seems a great place. I'm looking for a home close to downtown.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 PM

32 posts, read 124,228 times
By the way, great photos. I'd like to see more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area