Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM

26 posts, read 47,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You don't need to be diplomatic with me.

1. These aren't pics of the area. They are pics of downtown Greenville only. Other pics get removed.
2. Spartanburg and Greenville are nothing like each other.
3. Didn't mean to be "negative," just accurate.
4. You can tell me where to stick it. I can take it.
5. You're putting too much into my comment. Sorry if it was too harsh.

Downtown Greenville and the areas nearby are an oasis to me. The surrounding area (beyond Greenville city limits) is nothing like downtown Greenville, and not very appealing in my humble opinion. Spartanburg is especially unappealing. High crime. High poverty. High level of general ugliness.

I can refrain from commenting on your posts any further, if you like. You can also add me to your "ignore" list.

Wow Art---this is a Greenville-Spartanburg Area Forum--

My apologies if Spartanburg is the wrong side of the track for you. But no, I won't ignore you, nor will I ask that you not comment on my posts. Diversity in life is fine, as are different opinions. I respect yours, and simply ask that you respect mine.

With that said- I plan on enjoying the HECK out of Spartanburg while I live there and I simply will not agree with your opinions. I can't believe that an entire town/small city is unworthy of any appreciation, notice or should be categorized in a stereotypical manner.

In any event-- conversation is let go. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daequix View Post
Wow Art---this is a Greenville-Spartanburg Area Forum--

My apologies if Spartanburg is the wrong side of the track for you. But no, I won't ignore you, nor will I ask that you not comment on my posts. Diversity in life is fine, as are different opinions. I respect yours, and simply ask that you respect mine.

With that said- I plan on enjoying the HECK out of Spartanburg while I live there and I simply will not agree with your opinions. I can't believe that an entire town/small city is unworthy of any appreciation, notice or should be categorized in a stereotypical manner.

In any event-- conversation is let go. Enjoy the rest of your day!
People typically come here to hear the opinions of people that live here. If you don't want to hear it, don't participate.

I've been to Spartanburg. You have not. While I certainly respect your opinion of Spartanburg, it's not based on any personal experience with the place. I hope you have a fantastic time there, and can form your own impression with your experience and share it with us.

There are plenty of people who share my opinion of Spartanburg. You can search this forum and see for yourself.

But to say you just flat out aren't ever going to agree with someone, on something you know very little about, seems a bit short-sighted.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,774,241 times
Well, I attend USC Upstate in Spartanburg and in my opinion the city and county have come a LONG way in the last few years and the area continues to improve greatly. They have really transformed their downtown area and in my opinion it is one of the best looking downtown areas in Upstate SC currently. Lots of restaurants from Mellow Mushroom to Wild Wing Cafe are located there. There are also numerous other tenants that have opened elsewhere within the county including Chipotle, Yogurt Mountain, Buffalo Wild Wings, QuikTrip, etc. With lots of universities including USC Upstate, Wofford, Converse, VCOM, Spartanburg Community College, etc. the county will continue to grow and prosper.

If you want to see what downtown Spartanburg looks like check out my pics here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=660538

Last edited by g-man430; 01-20-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM

26 posts, read 47,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Well, I attend USC Upstate in Spartanburg and in my opinion the city and county have come a LONG way in the last few years and the area continues to improve greatly. They have really transformed their downtown area and in my opinion it is one of the best looking downtown areas in Upstate SC currently. Lots of restaurants from Mellow Mushroom to Wild Wing Cafe are located there. There are also numerous other tenants that have opened elsewhere within the county including Chipotle, Yogurt Mountain, Buffalo Wild Wings, QuikTrip, etc. With lots of universities including USC Upstate, Wofford, Converse, VCOM, Spartanburg Community College, etc. the county will continue to grow and prosper.

If you want to see what downtown Spartanburg looks like check out my pics here: Downtown Spartanburg, SC pics - SkyscraperCity
Thanks much!! Checking it out now!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 10,466 times
[SIZE=3]WOW these are awesome, thank you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]In about a month or 2 my family and I are moving to Greer and seeing photos like theses puts a on my face. What a beautiful place. I can’t wait to get out of Florida… [/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Hi everyone! I know it is hard to get a feel for a place without being there in person, but sometimes photos can help give a better idea of what to expect. While I have many photos stored online, I'll start with the ones I shot yesterday morning and late afternoon. Sunday mornings typically are the quietest moments to enjoy downtown if you prefer more serenity. At any rate, enjoy these, add your own if you want to, or any comments or questions you have.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Gorgeous day outside. Decided to take a stroll downtown. Lots of pedestrian activity around. Took this pic earlier today:

Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM

Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM

Taken earlier today. Downtown was packed:

Old 02-18-2012, 09:26 PM

I am required to post pics in this thread until they get the message:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area