Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:48 AM

151 posts, read 331,457 times

Advertisements

urban planet...another website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
I don't know about this area, but cutting through a parking lot is generally illegal. They really need to create a proper connector to Carolina Pkwy.
I totally agree! The answer isn't to change people's behavior, but to provide proper infrastructure for the traffic handled.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM

47 posts, read 127,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I apologize for this rant in advance but I just really need to speak my mind.

I will never understand why people who complain about the traffic on Woodruff Road don't change their habits and drive on it on weekdays instead when traffic problems are less. Are they stupid in the head or something? My solution: drive on Woodruff Road on weekdays or get to Greenridge by driving through the new road by Carolina First/Point. That's what I do. People who think traffic is bad on Woodruff Road really need to go to Atlanta sometime. Woodruff Road traffic is nothing compared to that. If you don't like the traffic on the road, do what I do or don't drive on it. Problem solved. Oh and look it doesn't cost any money either. OP, the last thing we need is more roads. We need more mass transit instead.
Most people work 9-5 jobs on the weekdays. Which leaves 5-midnight to get things done and the weekends. Which is when Woodruff Road is the most busy. It would be nice if my employer decided to not let me work on the week days just so I could go shopping... but it won't happen.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
I do agree though that Greenridge has a terrible layout and there should be a traffic light at the intersection there between Talbots and PF Changs.
I've never heard of a traffic light in a shopping center.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I've never heard of a traffic light in a shopping center.
I've seen them but not in Greenville. In fact, Easley Town Center will have two traffic lights in their development: http://www.cedarwooddevelopment.com/...-Site_Plan.pdf Greenridge should at least put one in at that horrible intersection.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 PM

197 posts, read 611,475 times
Are the lights synchronized on woodruff where you get out of every 5 lights 4 green lights or is it not in sync where people hit every red light on the road sometimes?

Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingdawg View Post
Are the lights synchronized on woodruff where you get out of every 5 lights 4 green lights or is it not in sync where people hit every red light on the road sometimes?
It was in a news article recently that the City of Greenville put the lights on Woodruff Road in sync last year. Please note this is only in the City of Greenville and not the county.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I've seen them but not in Greenville. In fact, Easley Town Center will have two traffic lights in their development: http://www.cedarwooddevelopment.com/...-Site_Plan.pdf Greenridge should at least put one in at that horrible intersection.
Looking at that map, it appears that those lights are not part of the development, but a new access road for it; like I said, I never heard of traffic lights in a shopping center. Shopping centers are private property, for example the "roads" in Greenridge aren't governed by SCDOT.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times
I've seen privately owned shopping malls that had traffic lights on their roads.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
I've seen privately owned shopping malls that had traffic lights on their roads.
Where, name of shopping center and location please. I've lived in NJ, NY, Canada, SC, Fl, Alaska, and California and I've never seen traffic lights inside of a shopping center parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area