Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM

148 posts, read 287,545 times

Advertisements

Hi yall,
I'm looking for the best place to buy fresh seafood, and also a real good seafood restuarant. How bout it? I appreciate all the great info. Yall are awesome!..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,091 times
Default seafood

You will probably have to go to Keywest Seafood right off of Laurens Rd. for the fresh. I have not eaten at Bonefish Grill but hear it is good. I don't know if it is fresh. Just go to Charleston--only 3.5 hours. It's a good weekend trip.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,369,761 times
Flat Rock Grille is pretty good overall, although I would primarily recommend Larkin's on the River, The Peppermill (http://www.staxs.com/peppermill.htm - broken link), Rick Erwin's West End Grille, High Cotton (http://www.mavericksouthernkitchens.com/highcotton_gv/index.html - broken link), Devereaux's, and The Great Bay Oyster House. For a more cozy/casual seafood dining experience near the heart of the West End, try Oysters on the West End. A new high end seafood restaurant is coming soon to Main Street, next to the Peace Center and City Hall. It will be called, 'Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill', and is anticipated to be very high quality.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Default thanks

Thanks Pgriss,
Bonefish Grill here is really Good but I hope there are more than that. Charleston sounds good too and we definitely will try out the fresh market. Got spoiled living so close to a port. *This is the time it gets
really rough. The waiting , well and the weather too, is killin my poor body.
I need the warmth of the south and the people......like you and Sheri.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:37 PM

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Flat Rock Grille is pretty good overall, although I would primarily recommend Larkin's on the River, The Peppermill (http://www.staxs.com/peppermill.htm - broken link), Rick Erwin's West End Grille, High Cotton (http://www.mavericksouthernkitchens.com/highcotton_gv/index.html - broken link), Devereaux's, and The Great Bay Oyster House. For a more cozy/casual seafood dining experience near the heart of the West End, try Oysters on the West End. A new high end seafood restaurant is coming soon to Main Street, next to the Peace Center and City Hall. It will be called, 'Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill', and is anticipated to be very high quality.
Wow Sky! Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 AM

511 posts, read 1,522,091 times
Aw Namaw,

You have such kind words. It won't be long although it seems longer to you. I have seen activity at your place when I go out. I know Sheri keeps you up to date, she is good like that. Things are happening!

I have to thank Skyliner also. I don't go out to eat a lot but when I do, I will use some of his expertise and know where to go. I have been to Flat Rock. I don't get downtown as much in the winter because of my husbands work schedule but we will go in the summer. I have been waiting on Nantucket's as my husband is originally from FL and he says we don't know what fresh seafood is so it is a little difficult to find any that suits him.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 AM

899 posts, read 2,286,774 times
I'm very satisfied with Whole Foods when it comes to fresh seafood. They have a great selection, and their fishmongers know their stuff. Plus they're usually very customer friendly.

There's also a great little seafood market on Hwy. 9 in Boiling Springs that is great.

If you're into seafood you should plan some trips to Charleston and Murrells Inlet when the weather gets warmer...can't beat it.

Last edited by innovator82; 02-22-2010 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,136,925 times
I agree about Charleston but not about Murrells Inlet. Most of that seafood there is frozen.
We love to go to Charleston where you can see the delivery guys bringing in whole fresh fish to the different resturants.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:23 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,686,508 times
You might try Augusta Road Seafood in Greenville. I haven't been there in years because I don't live in that are now but they did have some very good fresh seafood.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,175,541 times
I don't know anything about either of the following other than they are there as I'm new to the area and still in "discovery mode."

I saw a place that has signs in the window that says they sell all types of FRESH SEAFOOD. It's on Wade Hampton, going towards Greer/Hwy 14 on the right side in a small strip center. It's before you get to 14/Main St, but after Memorial. Sorry, I don't know the name.

There's a place I've asked about on another thread called FLOUNDER BAR & GRILL. I've driven by there at lunch and just drove by again tonight, the place is PACKED! I stopped in the other day to get a menu since I'm always seeing cars there but have yet to find anyone who can tell me what they experienced there. I guess the tell tale signs of lots of cars says one thing, but I like to know from the real McCoys. The only thing I think I may not like is when I went in the door, I could smell the cigarette smell. I'd just have to make sure I sat in the really non-non smoking area. One thing I saw that I know my OH will love is something listed as Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with 3 Mustard Butter - that sounds really interesting, even if it's a side dish!

Anyone know the fish place's name, or how Flounder is - oh, it's off Wade Hampton on Brookwood, tucked behind a car dealership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area