Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM

111 posts, read 223,444 times

Advertisements

Anyone know which ones the best, period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,040 times
Taylors Elementary is the best.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM

12 posts, read 33,938 times
it sure is!!
Taylors Elementary named a South Carolina School of Character | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News

Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 AM

44 posts, read 93,181 times
I don't wanna 'dis' anyone's school and I'm not even from Greenville, so what do I know...BUT Taylors Elementary got a 7 out of 10 on greatschools.org and 3 out of 5 on schooldiggers.com. Also test scores aren't impressive. Oakview Elementary got 10 out of 10 on greatschools.org and 5 out of 5 on schooldiggers.com. Test scores are very impressive and they were awarded the Blue Ribbon Award in 2001 and 2006. That's not an easy award to get! Just sayin'...that's the school I'm looking at for my children. Bells Crossing looks impressive as well, good scores and good parent ratings. Good luck. How old are your kids and when are you moving?

Last edited by Kwow; 02-23-2010 at 09:12 AM..

Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 AM

179 posts, read 516,682 times
I moved to the Oakview Elementary School district because it is suppose to be the best one in the Upstate. I also believe that Bells Crossing is suppose to be very good.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 AM

Lovingville, I'm assuming by your member name that you love living in Greenville and you have children in Oakview, yes? So tell us about it! How do you like the school? How old are you kids? And do you like your neighborhood? Are you a stay at home mom? Need as many details as possible, if you don't mind! Thanks!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
I've heard that Gateway Elem. Sch. in Travelers Rest is good as well. A few friends had their children enrolled there and seemed to really like it.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 AM

Just checked, Gateway got 6 out of 10 on greatschools and 2 out of 5 on schooldiggers...not so good. Yes I have better things to do with my time but I don't want to do them right now. I'm obsessed with the prospect of moving to Greenville and I waste a lot of time on the computer....doing 'research'. In case your wondering....

Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,319 times
Blythe is a great school, offering the state's only partial immersion language program in French and Spanish.

Opening next year will be the new AJ Whittenburg Elementary School downtown. It will be the state's only engineering focused elementary school...

Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 AM

66 posts, read 220,897 times
We just relocated this summer to the Five Forks area in Simpsonville and my daughters elementary school is FANTASTIC!! It's Rudolph Gordon it's brand new this is only the second year. The building is gorgeous and the teaches are absolutely fantastic. I love the principal and assistant principal as well. They have great family activities they had a huge fall carnival with rides and auctions and games they also have a goodies for grands and donuts for Dads where the dad's and grandparents come in the morning with the students for treats. Last Friday was the daddy daughter dance which was just great all the girls were so excited. The other thing I liked is the number there are about 500 kids in the school where Bells Crossings has close to 1000 and I see their drop off and pick up lines are crazy. They actually have a police officer to help with the traffic around Bells Crossing. Also our area flows into Riverside Middle which is rated a 9 on great schools and Mauldin High which is rated a 10. So this is a really great area for schools we actually bought our house here because of the schools. Like I said we just moved here this summer so feel free to direct message me if you have any questions. Good Luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area