Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 07:13 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,123,116 times

Advertisements

Drove by the old Food Lion on Wade Hampton in Greer and noticed that the doors were open and there were some pickup truck/ work trucks in the parking lot and doors of the store were open. Does anybody have any idea what's going on in there???

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Drove by the old Food Lion on Wade Hampton in Greer and noticed that the doors were open and there were some pickup truck/ work trucks in the parking lot and doors of the store were open. Does anybody have any idea what's going on in there???
I would assume gutting the store from anything left over from Food Lion. As for possible tenants, I do not know. Former supermarkets attract fitness centers. Still would like to see The Fresh Market move in.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,920,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

Probably will sit empty for years just like that Kmart. Where is Kohls? Why is the IHOP just sitting there finished but nothing happening?. What is it with Greer? Makes no sense how all these things are moving sooooo slowly.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Probably will sit empty for years just like that Kmart. Where is Kohls? Why is the IHOP just sitting there finished but nothing happening?. What is it with Greer? Makes no sense how all these things are moving sooooo slowly.
If an empty building goes vacant too long and falls into disrepair, it is necessary to condemn and demolish it.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM

285 posts, read 453,762 times
Kimchee Korean Restaurant has opened at 1939 Woodruff Rd. This spot was previously Calamaris, Green Papaya amongst others.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM

690 posts, read 1,139,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yeah, this frustrates me so much. Greer has potential but whatever red tape is going on that's preventing Kohl's and IHOP from opening is just irritating.

No idea if it's cold feet from the retailer or politics with Greer...

Old 11-04-2013, 11:24 AM

5,996 posts, read 7,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Kimchee Korean Restaurant has opened at 1939 Woodruff Rd. This spot was previously Calamaris, Green Papaya amongst others.
Wow, this is great news. We love Korean bbq; kalhbi, bulgogi, kimchee, bimbibap, etc. The other Korean restaurant on Woodruff really wasn't that good to be honest. Do you know where this exact location is?

Old 11-04-2013, 12:26 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Wow, this is great news. We love Korean bbq; kalhbi, bulgogi, kimchee, bimbibap, etc. The other Korean restaurant on Woodruff really wasn't that good to be honest. Do you know where this exact location is?
I couldn't wait; right after I read about it, I went for lunch. lol. In a word: AWESOME! I had the bulgogi ( thin sliced stir fired beef) lunch box with white rice, kimchi and a sprouts, all for $7.99. Two ladies run this place and it was pretty full. I asked them how long they've ben open and they said 11 days and that business has been very good. This place is much better than Korean BBQ down the street, a must try.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,755,983 times
Quote:
Do you mean Korean BBQ isn't good?

He gave the address. Not sure how you can get more exact than that, exactly.

There's a useful website called google maps. You type in an address and it shows you on a digital map where that address is. You can even get a ground-level view of that place from the street. Pretty cool. You should check it out.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:59 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,260,587 times
Quote:
I couldn't wait; right after I read about it, I went for lunch. lol. In a word: AWESOME! I had the bulgogi ( thin sliced stir fired beef) lunch box with white rice, kimchi and a sprouts, all for $7.99. Two ladies run this place and it was pretty full. I asked them how long they've ben open and they said 11 days and that business has been very good. This place is much better than Korean BBQ down the street, a must try.
The other Korean BBQ place is actually fairly authentic for Greenville. My only complaint there was it was pretty pricey. $7.99 for lunch is a pretty great deal. Did you see the prices for the dinner menu? I wonder how extensive the menu is - I'd love to see a menu with appetizer portions of chap-chae, kim-bap, and some other favorites.

I haven't had Korean food since stopping at a place in "Koreatown" on the east side of Atlanta 6 months ago. I was the only American in the place there - they looked at me like I had 2 heads until I ordered in Korean and then I thought the waitress was going to fall over in shock.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area