Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 04:05 PM

894 posts, read 1,131,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Exactly what I do! I get a lot of Starbucks gift cards, and that is pretty much the only time I go there. I must admit, though, that I do sometimes indulge in something yummy and unhealthy there
We've been known to have an occasional baked good, lol.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,764,991 times
The only Starbucks I go to is the one inside Barnes and Noble. Fortunately, I didn't get any Starbucks gift cards this year.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM

690 posts, read 1,139,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
It seems that we always hear how Starbucks is overpriced but yet a large (Venti) brewed coffee is only $2.83. I think a lot of people fail to realize that just because you are at a Starbucks you don't have to order a Cappuccino or Latte and spend $5.
Very true. I only get a froo-froo drink on my birthday cause it's free. Other than that it's plain coffee for me.

Then again my brother-in-law manages a local SB so I do get some nice perks (free coffee at home, free froo-froo drinks from time to time, etc).

Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,123,116 times
Saw this today, Opening in the Spring:

https://www.facebook.com/KrummsonthePlate

It says it was only an online bakery but come spring they will be opening a place on Brushy Creek in Greer

Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Highly doubt this will turn into any kind of retail, but.. Noticed that one of the older 60's style buildings in front of Greenville Tech, along Pleasantburg Dr was being demolished today. Figure that was probably a building they were using for administration or something, and likely will be replaced with the same.. Just.. Saw it and mentioning it

Also noticed that the space next to Sherwin Williams, basically at the corner of Augusta and Faris has one of those big industrial dumpsters out front, like they're rebuilding it to put something in there.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,396,533 times
One of the reasons I go there or to Whole Foods is that I don't like weak dishpan water tasting coffee AND I don't like Benzene added to my coffee which you automatically get if you drink anything hot or acidic out of a styrofoam cup. Starbucks uses paper and they filter the water as well.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,396,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
I bet you could almost reproduce the Clover method by grinding your coffee to the finest ground (Turkish) and then put your ground coffee in a cone shaped brown paper filter sitting on top of one of those plastic cone shaped filter holders designed to be placed on a coffee mug or pot. Then pour the boiling water thru. After it drips through, pick up the wet filter with wet grinds out of the filter holder and let it sit directly in
the coffee now in the mug... to extract more flavor for another 10-15 seconds.

I do everything but the last step and think I get enough flavor just grinding the coffee to the tiniest size grind but I might try the last step to see if I get even more flavor. Of course you'd have to hold the filter with wet grounds in your hand (or maybe you could fold it in thirds and fold the top over and keep it closed with a wooden clothes clip (for hanging wet laundry on a clothes line).

I have a french press too but I don't like having to use the bigger sized grind and getting sediment in the coffee even after it is supposedly strained. The paper filter gets rid of sediment.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:54 AM

503 posts, read 686,477 times
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but Burkes outlet is scheduled for A March 20th Grand Opening now according to their webpage Grand Openings

Old 01-05-2014, 07:43 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Upstate Business Journal (2014-01-03, page 2, TBA) reports construction for a new CVS at Faris Road and Augusta Street will begin in May.

The store will be a relocation of its present location in McDaniel Village.

I assume the new store would be on the corner of East Faris Road and Augusta Street directly across from Walgreen's and Greenville Fire Department.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 AM

690 posts, read 1,139,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I bet you could almost reproduce the Clover method by grinding your coffee to the finest ground (Turkish) and then put your ground coffee in a cone shaped brown paper filter sitting on top of one of those plastic cone shaped filter holders designed to be placed on a coffee mug or pot. Then pour the boiling water thru. After it drips through, pick up the wet filter with wet grinds out of the filter holder and let it sit directly in
the coffee now in the mug... to extract more flavor for another 10-15 seconds.

I do everything but the last step and think I get enough flavor just grinding the coffee to the tiniest size grind but I might try the last step to see if I get even more flavor. Of course you'd have to hold the filter with wet grounds in your hand (or maybe you could fold it in thirds and fold the top over and keep it closed with a wooden clothes clip (for hanging wet laundry on a clothes line).

I have a french press too but I don't like having to use the bigger sized grind and getting sediment in the coffee even after it is supposedly strained. The paper filter gets rid of sediment.
Have you ever tried the coffee at Pita House? It's AMAZING. I don't drink black coffee but at PH I do. It's a unique way of brewing (all the grinds are at the bottom - similar to French Press) but something about it is insanely good.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area