Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Rumor: Tilted Kilt for downtown Greenville.
Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery would be very nice. I can already crave a Dubin' Classic "Big Arse" Cheeseburger served up by Kilt Girls.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:26 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,084,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery would be very nice. I can already crave a Dubin' Classic "Big Arse" Cheeseburger served up by Kilt Girls.

It could open the door to getting sleazy. ( as in New Orleans) Nothing wrong with TK, but then you can't deny Hooters and so on. It seems like a slippery slope.

One thing that appeals to me about dt Greenville is that it comes across as a class act and not cheesy or tawdry.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:39 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Rumor: Tilted Kilt for downtown Greenville.
Not my preference but I'm sure it will be popular for some people. I'd prefer to see more local restaurants as opposed to chains, particularly of the T&A variety.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:34 PM

453 posts, read 646,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Not my preference but I'm sure it will be popular for some people. I'd prefer to see more local restaurants as opposed to chains, particularly of the T&A variety.
Well, I'll use this as an excuse to mention a locally owned restaurant I noticed that's about to open in Simpsonville: Frank and Co. Pizza Cafe. No word on when they're opening, exactly, but it sounds like it'll be any day now. Always neat to see a local pizza joint that delivers. Not toooo many of those around here.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC440 View Post
Does anyone know what's going in where the old Bi-Lo was in the North Main Plaza? They've started renovating it but I can't tell what for yet.
According to the contractors it's going to be a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. It'll be nice having a real supermarket in the neighborhood again but I wish it wasn't Wal-Mart, the quality isn't any better than the existing Save-A-Lot/Rite Aid.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
According to the contractors it's going to be a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. It'll be nice having a real supermarket in the neighborhood again but I wish it wasn't Wal-Mart, the quality isn't any better than the existing Save-A-Lot/Rite Aid.
Actually Neighborhood Markets have a fairly decent organic and gluten free selection.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:39 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
That former Baby BI-LO just doesn't have the square footage of the existing Neighborhood Markets on Wade Hampton so its tough to anticipate what the selection will be at this point especially if they add a pharmacy which the N Main BI-LO did not have. That would give them even less space. Guess we will see.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:44 PM

5,488 posts, read 8,318,595 times
I had the opportunity to go to PDQ Saturday. I ordered the crispy turkey sandwich. It was pretty good!

Old 09-21-2014, 08:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Actually Neighborhood Markets have a fairly decent organic and gluten free selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
That former Baby BI-LO just doesn't have the square footage of the existing Neighborhood Markets on Wade Hampton so its tough to anticipate what the selection will be at this point especially if they add a pharmacy which the N Main BI-LO did not have. That would give them even less space. Guess we will see.
A Walmart Neighborhood Market would take up both former Bi-Lo and Dollar General spaces. Not only do you need room for the pharmacy, you must accommodate the delicatessen, bakery, and meat departments.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
A Walmart Neighborhood Market would take up both former Bi-Lo and Dollar General spaces. Not only do you need room for the pharmacy, you must accommodate the delicatessen, bakery, and meat departments.
Neighborhood Markets don't have deli's or pharmacy's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area