Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 02:11 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

I didn't know the old Garcia's restaurant location (most recently a Chinese Buffet) on Orchard Park Dr. had been razed until riding by today. Just a vacant lot now available for development. The area looks so much better without that old building. That should happen more often with old eyesores that have been sitting vacant.

Greenridge should do the same with the vacant Mimi's Café Bldg. I bet that lot would go fast with another chain wanting to build their own prototype or another outparcel building with shop space.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:15 PM

151 posts, read 331,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I didn't know the old Garcia's restaurant location (most recently a Chinese Buffet) on Orchard Park Dr. had been razed until riding by today. Just a vacant lot now available for development. The area looks so much better without that old building. That should happen more often with old eyesores that have been sitting vacant.

Greenridge should do the same with the vacant Mimi's Café Bldg. I bet that lot would go fast with another chain wanting to build their own prototype or another outparcel building with shop space.
Except that mimi's cafe is a newer building that is rather nice looking. I am surprised someone hasn't moved in there yet. I am guessing parking is the issue….not enough of it for that restaurant, unless you park at Lowes.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
Except that mimi's cafe is a newer building that is rather nice looking. I am surprised someone hasn't moved in there yet.
The word was that Coach House was opening a location here, although I'm not sure if that's still the plan. I swear I saw a "for sale" sign or something similar by Mimi's in the past few weeks.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:13 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
Except that mimi's cafe is a newer building that is rather nice looking. I am surprised someone hasn't moved in there yet. I am guessing parking is the issue….not enough of it for that restaurant, unless you park at Lowes.
True. It might be hard though sometimes to find national chains that are willing to adapt to someone else's building unless it can be redesigned to fit their needs. I was surprised Freddy's basically went new from ground up with the old Jack building on Woodruff recently.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:56 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times
Why is everyone so stuck on Harris Teeter? Theyre all over Charleston, Ive been twice this week, but its still a little pricey. Newtons Own Pizza there is $6.00 (after using your Vic card), at Walmart its...$4.75. Cheeze Its at Walmart? $2.88, at Harris Teeter...$5!! FIVE!!! For the same item.

Im not trying to spread a pro-Walmart agenda here, HT is well maintained, always stocked, very clean and nice design, never have problems with self check out, and employees are cool. They also have a great deli (the main reason i went twice this week) and good meat and seafood, but its pricey for many items. Publix is basically the same thing, just higher ceilings. If you shop and enjoy Publix here, then Harris Teeter wont be adding anything new to be honest.

Five dollars for Cheeze Its!? Why! Theyre never on sale! Whatever, still beats Bilo.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 AM

4,227 posts, read 6,905,580 times
growing up mostly in NC I've had plenty of access to HT and that is where I did a lot of my grocery shopping so I get its appeal. However, since moving here to Greenville I've use Publix (in conjunction with Trader Joe's once it came) and really have not missed anything about HT.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:39 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
growing up mostly in NC I've had plenty of access to HT and that is where I did a lot of my grocery shopping so I get its appeal. However, since moving here to Greenville I've use Publix (in conjunction with Trader Joe's once it came) and really have not missed anything about HT.
Well Publix is nice but I do miss Harris Teeter. Glad to see them returning.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default 6 McPrice Court, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Garcia's and China Garden Buffet were the two notable restaurants at this site. China Garden Buffet was among the better Chinese buffet restaurants I have dined at.

Most adjacent sites are predominantly lodging. I wonder if another hotel, or another restaurant, could open onsite.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times
Does Walmart NM have the same grocery prices as a regular Walmart?

Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Does Walmart NM have the same grocery prices as a regular Walmart?
Yes, they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area