Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 04:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,634,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgoldengirl View Post
I know Lost Cajun's menu looks pricey, but it's in line with seafood restaurants in the Gulf region. And most of those restaurants serve fresh off the boat seafood. I'm looking forward to this place opening. I loves me some good gumbo and hope that they serve po-boys with real French bread-not subs or hoagies disguised as po-boys.
Seems in line with decent seafood places to me as well.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:22 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Default Hardee's, One Pelham Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-2141

Hardee's at Pelham Road and East North Street is progressing quickly. The structure is up. I think it could open by September.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:43 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,258,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Hardee's at Pelham Road and East North Street is progressing quickly. The structure is up. I think it could open by September.
It looks like a new prototype structure, as it has a new look that differs from most other locations. I just wish they would add some of the Carl's Jr. items to their menu, such as the Superstar with Cheese and the Big Carl (large size Big Twin). Flagship thin patty double burgers with special sauces. And I wish they could bring back the Roy Rogers fried chicken, although they may no longer have the rights to that exact recipe. Their current shock value sandwiches such as the burger with the hot dog on top don't really excite me, and in fact they are a bit of a turn off.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:50 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
It looks like a new prototype structure, as it has a new look that differs from most other locations. I just wish they would add some of the Carl's Jr. items to their menu, such as the Superstar with Cheese and the Big Carl (large size Big Twin). Flagship thin patty double burgers with special sauces. And I wish they could bring back the Roy Rogers fried chicken, although they may no longer have the rights to that exact recipe. Their current shock value sandwiches such as the burger with the hot dog on top don't really excite me, and in fact they are a bit of a turn off.
I doubt the chicken will ever return.. They screwed their franchisees with that one by making them buy all the equipment for chicken and then dropping it 5 or 6 years later. They could quite easily bring back the Peach Cobbler, which was excellent.

If I'm not mistaken, these may be the first new Hardee's units in the upstate since ~2001 when the Greenwood and Anderson units opened. I don't recall exactly when the Taylors/Wade Hampton unit burned and was rebuilt.. But that wasn't really a 'new' restaurant.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:52 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,842,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I doubt the chicken will ever return.. They screwed their franchisees with that one by making them buy all the equipment for chicken and then dropping it 5 or 6 years later. They could quite easily bring back the Peach Cobbler, which was excellent.

If I'm not mistaken, these may be the first new Hardee's units in the upstate since ~2001 when the Greenwood and Anderson units opened. I don't recall exactly when the Taylors/Wade Hampton unit burned and was rebuilt.. But that wasn't really a 'new' restaurant.
Oh, I had forgotten about Hardees fried chicken! I don't eat their burgers but their chicken was the best around. The one I occasionally went to in Chapel Hill, NC still had it. Are there any in this area that do?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:43 AM

285 posts, read 453,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Oh, I had forgotten about Hardees fried chicken! I don't eat their burgers but their chicken was the best around. The one I occasionally went to in Chapel Hill, NC still had it. Are there any in this area that do?

Bring back the Roast Beef!!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:03 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Chicken and Roast Beef are unlikely to return.. Both would be a problem in the prep.. A Hardee's is nowhere near as busy as a Mcdonalds or wendy's.. They cook a however many pound roast beef, it sits and dries out.. Quality goes to crap. The menu items they have now can all be cooked within 5 minutes or so.. So, you go in and get the chicken sandwich, they cook it to order, especially at the slower locations (Fountain Inn at dinnertime is an example) and don't have alot of waste. Burger patties take just a few minutes to run through the broiler. Chicken takes so long to cook.. That'd be about impossible.

That's really how they revamped their menu and improved their quality from the dregs of the mid to late 90's. And also, why it takes so long to get food if you go into one later in the evening.

Breakfast, they're so busy they can pre-cook things, but not during other dayparts.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:40 PM

843 posts, read 1,423,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Colorado based Cajun restaurant coming to Pelham Road:

Greenville's Pelham Road shopping center to get another restaurant
I just can't get excited about a Cajun restaurant based out of Colorado. So much wrong with that.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I am not aware of any Hardee's in the Upstate that still serve fried chicken. Originally it was Roy Rogers recipe chicken back when Hardee's former parent company also owned Roy Rogers. But after Carl's Jr. acquired Hardee's, the fried chicken was discontinued from the menu at most corporate locations. There may be a few Hardee's franchisees in parts of NC and central Virginia that still serve fried chicken, although it may no longer be the exact Roy Rogers recipe. Virginia is part of the Roy Rogers region, so it makes sense it was continued there. Although it would be nice to see the fried chicken return to all locations, or better yet, how about a real Roy Rogers? They are currently expanding and seeking franchise partners. And in addition to the famous fried chicken, they also have real good roast beef and burgers.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Bring back the Roast Beef!!
The real roast beef at Roy Rogers is much better than the former roast beef served at Hardee's. Or the current product at Arby's. Now there were a few Hardee's in Virginia and Maryland that upgraded to the Roy Rogers premium roast beef, in addition to the fried chicken. Back when they were the same company. And back then some Hardee's even added the Roy Rogers fixins bar, and some of the Roy Rogers added the Hardee's breakfast biscuits. They had learned to merge the best aspects of both restaurants, but the mistake was made by dropping the Roy Rogers name in the Mid Atlantic markets where Hardee's was not favored. CKE realized this, and that is why the Hardee's name was not changed to Carl's Jr. They kept the Hardee's name, but added the Carl's Jr. Happy Star logo and transitioned to the Carl's Jr. burger menu and charbroiling. Overall an improvement, but I do miss the fried chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area