Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 07:26 AM

690 posts, read 1,145,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It was most recently Rolled Pita, a Lebanese restaurant that was better than Pita House, but George the owner bought Capri's and moved into it. This new place is quite similar, but is Syrian owned. My wife, picked it up to go one night and it was absolutely delicious but I had a bad allergic reaction to one of the spices/seasonings.
Oh wow! So you mean they'll be serving kebabs/kabobs and all that? I must stop by then!

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:32 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Has M. Judson Books been mentioned on this thread? It's a new, locally-owned book store downtown.

M.Judson Books
https://www.facebook.com/mjudsonbooks

Old 08-04-2015, 01:33 PM

453 posts, read 646,280 times
Thanks for the reminder!

I know that M. Judson has been brought up before on this forum, but there definitely haven't been any posts since its doors opened a few days ago.

My wife and I work a stone's throw away, and after seeing your post, we had to swing by for a look. It's phenomenal! I love how big, bright, and inviting it is: doesn't feel like a grid of brown shelf after brown shelf. The selection of books has been curated exceptionally well. It's expansive enough to feel like you have plenty to choose from, but limited enough that you can actually look at and appreciate everything on display. There's that sense that everything on their shelves is worth considering, and I've rarely felt that way at a bookstore (even some of the other independently owned ones around here). It might not be the ideal place to go if you have a very specific book in mind, but for inspiration, I don't think there's a better option in town. It's a terrific place to go for gifts; my wife wanted to grab everything from bourbon smoked sugar to moscow mule mugs (and things that aren't related to alcohol too). They also offered what's in the running as the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had.

Nothing but the very best things to say!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:47 PM

896 posts, read 1,139,183 times
I agree. It IS phenomenal. We were in there on Saturday.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:22 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treymc7 View Post
Drove by today and they have a JJ Coming Soon banner up on that unit.
Trey
I saw it tonight but you beat me to the punch!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:18 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Oh wow! So you mean they'll be serving kebabs/kabobs and all that? I must stop by then!

Thanks for the heads up.
Yup, kabobs available, as well as your standard middle eastern fare.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 AM

156 posts, read 227,110 times
On the M Judson bookstore topic, looks like they have some fun events planned for their Grand Opening event the weekend of 8/14-8/16. Grand Opening

Old 08-08-2015, 07:42 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Seems Rose's is going in to part of the old Kmart on WH near Pleasantburg, to the right of Ollie's. There's signage up. I've only seen on Rose's, in Forest City, once, years ago. Are there other's around? What store is it similar to would someone say?

Also noticed a sign up at the old Corona's, same center as Kmart above, with a CHOP, CHOP sign of a restaurant that says "coming soon".

Old 08-08-2015, 08:27 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Seems Rose's is going in to part of the old Kmart on WH near Pleasantburg, to the right of Ollie's. There's signage up. I've only seen on Rose's, in Forest City, once, years ago. Are there other's around? What store is it similar to would someone say?

Also noticed a sign up at the old Corona's, same center as Kmart above, with a CHOP, CHOP sign of a restaurant that says "coming soon".
Roses once resembled more of a Kmart type store years ago. It's an old southern name in the discount department store genre before Walmart got so big. The name was brought back by Variety Wholesalers I believe(same company that owns those Maxway stores in small towns). It resembles more of a dollar store like Family Dollar or Dollar General with a larger selection of cheap clothing now. They do carry some larger items like grills, patio stuff etc. There is a Roses Express in Berea. the one on WH may be larger.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:34 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Roses once resembled more of a Kmart type store years ago. It's an old southern name in the discount department store genre before Walmart got so big. The name was brought back by Variety Wholesalers I believe(same company that owns those Maxway stores in small towns). It resembles more of a dollar store like Family Dollar or Dollar General with a larger selection of cheap clothing now. They do carry some larger items like grills, patio stuff etc. There is a Roses Express in Berea. the one on WH may be larger.
Great review! I visited the new one in Laurens just because of the "Roses " name and its past history in southern retailing. They will struggle to develop a niche. I'm pulling for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area