Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,258,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I have a problem with that statement.. The inclusion of the words "some" and "recent".. KFC has been dropping for 20 years.

Part of the problem is the price. Good lord has the price of chicken skyrocketed. You used to be able to get an 8 piece, 2 sides and biscuits for under $10.. Now, that will set you back about $20. You get 8 pieces of chicken that isn't that good for $8.. Hey, no big deal.. That chicken costs you $15-$20, it had better be damn good.

I love Golden Chick.. I just never seem to see them overly busy. I went in there a few weeks ago and it took damn near 30 minutes to get my meal, and I was the only person there.
I agree KFC has gotten too expensive and the quality has indeed declined. I think Golden Chick is much better.

And I still wish they could get a Roy Rogers down here, or at least return the Roy Rogers chicken to Hardee's. But CKE has phased out the chicken at most corporate locations.

But they have recently added new Roy Rogers locations in Virginia, Maryland, and New Jersey with a huge success, as they still have tremendous brand loyalty and good quality at the freestanding locations. The travel plazas are not necessarily the same.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:56 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,842,420 times
Golden Chick has a special tomorrow only; $1 for 3 tenders, fries, gravy, and a drink. Limit 2 per person. They say they are under new ownership.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:06 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Golden Chick has a special tomorrow only; $1 for 3 tenders, fries, gravy, and a drink. Limit 2 per person. They say they are under new ownership.
My personal opinion.. they built those too close to each other. I think they would have been better served to build one down at the other end (85 end) of Pelham vs on Pleasantburg.

They would have had far more competition down at the other end of Pelham, though. Mauldin or Simpsonville would have worked, most likely.

I love their food. Don't get me wrong. I think they're far better than Zaxby's.. Haven't had their bone-in chicken, but love the tenders.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:51 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,258,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
That sounds like a great deal. As for the ownership, perhaps they have changed their local franchise operator. They have good food and I hope that long term they will be successful.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,607 times
Default SImpsonville Hobby Lobby/Publix Relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
This would be the first I have heard of Hobby Lobby considering a store in Simpsonville. I could see it locating in a new retail center, or locating at an established retail center as a tenant is not renewing its lease. Have you heard specific locations Hobby Lobby may be considering?
Just heard rumor this evening that the remaining farmland on the corner of Harrison Bridge and Fairview (SE corner) will be developed into new retail center. Hobby Lobby will be one anchor and Publix will relocate from existing location on Fairview road. Anyone else heard this?

Old 10-01-2015, 05:26 AM

5,620 posts, read 5,765,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsonvilleret View Post
Just heard rumor this evening that the remaining farmland on the corner of Harrison Bridge and Fairview (SE corner) will be developed into new retail center. Hobby Lobby will be one anchor and Publix will relocate from existing location on Fairview road. Anyone else heard this?
I know the family who owns it, if I bump into one of them, I ask again, but last I heard they were not selling, but that was a few months ago.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,667,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I know the family who owns it, if I bump into one of them, I ask again, but last I heard they were not selling, but that was a few months ago.
In a way, I hope they don't sell. It's nice still seeing some farmland, the cows, etc... still around. I can understand the draw though.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:48 AM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsonvilleret View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
In a way, I hope they don't sell. It's nice still seeing some farmland, the cows, etc... still around. I can understand the draw though.
You must be referring to the southwest corner of the intersection.

I am aware of speculation of Hobby Lobby looking to add a store in Simpsonville. I have not heard of Publix wanting to replace store 613 (Fairview Market, 655 Fairview Road, Suite C, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29680-6777) by relocating to a new store location to accommodate a pharmacy drive thru. Publix #613 opened no earlier than Friday, 16 January 1998.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You must be referring to the southwest corner of the intersection.

I am aware of speculation of Hobby Lobby looking to add a store in Simpsonville. I have not heard of Publix wanting to replace store 613 (Fairview Market, 655 Fairview Road, Suite C, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29680-6777) by relocating to a new store location to accommodate a pharmacy drive thru. Publix #613 opened no earlier than Friday, 16 January 1998.
Yes sorry, the SW corner of the intersection. Directly across Harrison Bridge from CVS.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:10 AM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Wonder if the smaller annex addition across Garlington next to the radio station building is still going to be built? Chicken Salad Chick was supposed to go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I wonder if they opted to go with the Pelham rd location over garlington.
Chicken Salad Chick at Woodruff Road and Garlington Road is confirmed a go.

Further reading:
Jackson, Sherry. "Chicken Salad Chick opening third Greenville location." Upstate Business Journal. 2015-09-30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area