Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
They won’t have two Chick-fil-A restaurants beside each other if that is what you’re asking.
It will likely be the design like Simpsonville and.. Cherrydale? the ones that they redesigned rather recently. They will be a dual LANE drive thru with seating.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:06 PM

29 posts, read 29,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I'm one of the few that has never eaten at Five Guys - is it worth it? I live very close to the Haywood Road location

Best burger in town and worth every penny!
Lots of toppings and PERFECTLY melted cheese every time.
My favorite thing about Five Guys is that you can get EXTRA cheese for free (it melts, too).
Oh, and it's super handy to order on the app.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
My favorite thing about Five Guys is that you can get EXTRA cheese for free (it melts, too).

You know, to defend the people who said the cheese wasn't melted.. I normally get carry out and yes.. The cheese is always melted. But.. I did eat there once, and it wasn't.. Because the cheese goes on at the very end. So.. There is some legitimacy to what some have said about the cheese not being melted. If you get carry out, by the time you get to eat it, yeah, it'll be melted.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:45 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
This is just not true. They slap it on at the very end, the cheese is not melted. It's good, not great because it is really greasy and extremely expensive.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:20 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
This is just not true. They slap it on at the very end, the cheese is not melted. It's good, not great because it is really greasy and extremely expensive.
It's like we are having the McDonald's McDLT debates all over again.....

Old 05-30-2018, 03:22 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I'm one of the few that has never eaten at Five Guys - is it worth it? I live very close to the Haywood Road location
As noted, Five Guys recently won a national survey poll for best burger, beating out previous winner In N Out. But this may be due to Five Guys having more of a nationwide presence, whereas In N Out is limited to mostly the west coast and Texas. Also Shake Shack has recently achieved notoriety, but they have fewer locations with a new store having recently opened in Charlotte, as well as Atlanta. Personally I prefer Wendys or Culver's, and Steak and Shake may be the best value.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:35 PM

The new Verizon store being built on Butler.. Appears there may have been an accident there today. There were cops and fire people out there and it appeared to be a roof framing collapse or similar. They were putting up the roof and some kind of failure sent it crashing down perhaps.

Not positive, that's just what it looked like driving by it.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:00 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The new Verizon store being built on Butler.. Appears there may have been an accident there today. There were cops and fire people out there and it appeared to be a roof framing collapse or similar. They were putting up the roof and some kind of failure sent it crashing down perhaps.

Not positive, that's just what it looked like driving by it.
Yes. WYFF just reported it collapsed. Two workers hurt.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:54 PM

The front was bowed out and it looked like the roof framing was sitting 'inside'. So, yeah.. Certainly looked like the roof collapsed while they were building the frame. Whether the roof collapse led to the bowed out front or the bowed out front led to the roof collapse.. That I can't answer.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:58 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The front was bowed out and it looked like the roof framing was sitting 'inside'. So, yeah.. Certainly looked like the roof collapsed while they were building the frame. Whether the roof collapse led to the bowed out front or the bowed out front led to the roof collapse.. That I can't answer.

I was there inside Ingles when I happened. They were lifting trusses onto the roof when I went into Ingles and when I came out about 10 minutes later the place was surrounded by EMT and Police. It appears the truss may have come loose from the crane and slammed into the building. A stop work order has been put in place till an investigation can be complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area