Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I have a feeling Walmart is about to get very aggressive with their gocery stores in the Greenville market too. That maybe why Ingles has decided to turn up the heat. I agree, not good news for Bilo.

I have noticed those yellow zoning review signs around the Baby Bilo on North Main. Anyone know whats going on there?
Bi-Lo is doing good by redecorating their stores, but I have not seen significant investments from them in years. Adding new locations, investing more into stores such as pharmacy departments in stores that do not have them yet, and improving service may have helped. Bi-Lo shed good stores, missed out on an opportunity in Golden Gallon convenience stores, understaffed stores and relenquished prime real estate for future stores. Bi-Lo and Winn Dixie, as one entity, will struggle with Publix and Walmart competing in most markets.

Zoning signs would be in place if a change in the use of property is being changed. 505 North Main Street is already used for commercial purposes. I do not know if high density commercial use is a better use of the property to be achieved.

Ingle's adding stores in Greenville is overdue and would be welcomed. Ingle's would provide another choice in areas not yet served by them and will add business and jobs.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Bi-Lo is doing good by redecorating their stores, but I have not seen significant investments from them in years. Adding new locations, investing more into stores such as pharmacy departments in stores that do not have them yet, and improving service may have helped. Bi-Lo shed good stores, missed out on an opportunity in Golden Gallon convenience stores, understaffed stores and relenquished prime real estate for future stores. Bi-Lo and Winn Dixie, as one entity, will struggle with Publix and Walmart competing in most markets.

Zoning signs would be in place if a change in the use of property is being changed. 505 North Main Street is already used for commercial purposes. I do not know if high density commercial use is a better use of the property to be achieved.

Ingle's adding stores in Greenville is overdue and would be welcomed. Ingle's would provide another choice in areas not yet served by them and will add business and jobs.
Bi-Lo still has the feel and look of a nasty place to shop. They need to change their name and start over.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM

If I recall correctly, Bi-Lo on North Main Street got redecorated. Nothing major was done like an expansion or addition of a pharmacy department to compete with Publix at McBee Station districts away.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
If I recall correctly, Bi-Lo on North Main Street got redecorated. Nothing major was done like an expansion or addition of a pharmacy department to compete with Publix at McBee Station districts away.
It has the same wall decor as the Verdae SuperBilo which was prior to what they have been doing lately.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM

I wonder if Super Bi-Lo has peaked. Several existing stores converted to Super Bi-Lo in 2007 when replacement stores opened.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 AM

48 posts, read 104,374 times
Does anyone know anything about the new pizza place opening on Woodruff road? It's in the old sexy taco location. The sign says, Tony's Botta Bing NY pizza coming soon.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim johnson 33 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the new pizza place opening on Woodruff road? It's in the old sexy taco location. The sign says, Tony's Botta Bing NY pizza coming soon.
Goodness, How many things have been tried in that building? Nothing seems to stick.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 AM

186 posts, read 358,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Goodness, How many things have been tried in that building? Nothing seems to stick.
There's another thread about that spot somewhere on this board. I really liked the Wing joint that was in there before Sexy Taco.
One problem is that the structure is not made for eating in - very few seats, so it almost has to be a delivery/take-and-go joint. I hope Bada-Bing has great food and great delivery, because you can throw a rock just about anywhere in Greenville now and hit a New York pizza stand. (Not a complaint at all, however!)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM

What dine-in pizzerias are along Woodruff Road from I-385 to Five Forks including Boston Pizzeria and Pizza Hut?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
What dine-in pizzerias are along Woodruff Road from I-385 to Five Forks including Boston Pizzeria and Pizza Hut?
Stevi B's
Boston Pizzeria
Your Pie
Pizza Inn
Pizza Hut
Napoli
Tony's
Bova

Just a mile or less beyond I-385 (toward Greenville), you have a list of good options that includes Whole Foods and Brixx.

Last edited by Skyliner; 11-16-2012 at 07:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area