Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 09:31 AM

825 posts, read 1,124,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
I thought this might have been mentioned earlier but a search did not find it. Any idea what's going between Sams/Kohls on Woodruff?

According to post 536 it looks like it going to be a Paul Mitchell Beauty School.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Default LeGrand French Bakery

OMG! What a find!!!

I was driving down Augusta today and noticed a sign that said Le Grand Bakery out of the corner of my eye. I don't frequent Augusta often, but when it comes to a bakery, well...I knew the few times I'd been down Augusta that I would have noticed this one before. Let's just say, I could have suffered whiplash had my head turned any faster.

So...I walk in, and I think I'm in heaven once I eye the pastries. I've been to Europe and the highlight of my trip was definitely the pastries...I ate my way through 12 countries! Alamo wasn't looking forward to cleaning our rental car from all the crumbs I left.

I asked the young lady at the counter if this was a real French bakery. Mind you, I've been very disappointed with places that say they are French bakeries. She said the owner was French and had a bakery in Paris.

It was a hard choice, everything looked so good. It took me a while, but I finally chose something called Paris Brest (don't ask me how to actually pronounce the later of the two words, I thought it was breast originally ) It has a praline mousse filling - OMG! I took it to my car, took a bite, and I was in heaven! Not only did I not make it out of the parking space before I was done, I didn't even have a chance to start my car before heading back inside the bakery and purchasing another one. Yeah, I admit it, but it was just THAT good!

If you had asked me what else was in that strip mall, I couldn't even tell you. I had to look it up to find the link. I was more fixated on the place than my surroundings. Heck, I didn't even notice a lot of what else they carried. Not til now did I realize, looking at their link, all the other things they sell.

Here's the link for anyone interested...

Pastries & Cakes - Legrand Bakery

I wish I could get the pics I took off my phone to post here (I have an old stupid phone)

I'm happy to have run across this place today, and I'm also happy I don't live close by. I know it would be next to impossible not to be there all the time. Can't wait to go back!

And no, I have NO affiliation with this place, or anyone who works there. Just one happy new customer!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Don't worry. I've got pics for you: The French Bakery | Facebook

Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yum, that looks wonderful!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
OMG! What a find!!! I was driving down Augusta today and noticed a sign that said Le Grand Bakery...
This is a great find - I live about 5 minutes from this bakery and will check it out this weekend.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Is that the old 'Scratch' location? Anyone?

I miss that place. :-(

Hopefully this place will do better.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Blizzard's getting closer in Mauldin. DQ installed their sign yesterday. Won't be long now!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM

55 posts, read 140,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Is that the old 'Scratch' location? Anyone?

I miss that place. :-(

Hopefully this place will do better.
Yes this is in the old Scratch location...I loved that place too!!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Default Yummy Picture!!!!

Okay, I texted my friend one of the pictures I took of the bakery case at LeGrand so she could email it back to me so I could upload it on my computer and on to here. Click the thumbnail below. What I had (2 of ) is sorta at the bottom of the picture, in the middle area.

I think those who said it was in the former Scratch location are correct. I went there once when they had a local deal offer.

Have no idea what I'll pick next time....such difficult decisions to make!
Attached Thumbnails
New retail/restaurant thread, Part 1, 3/4/2010 through 12-31-2019.-legrand-bakery.jpg  

Last edited by Eldemila; 01-30-2013 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: I think if you click on it twice it will enlarge, at least it did after posting this when I tried.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Okay, I texted my friend one of the pictures I took of the bakery case at LeGrand so she could email it back to me so I could upload it on my computer and on to here. Click the thumbnail below. What I had (2 of ) is sorta at the bottom of the picture, in the middle area.

I think those who said it was in the former Scratch location are correct. I went there once when they had a local deal offer.

Have no idea what I'll pick next time....such difficult decisions to make!
I'll have one bite of each please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area