Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 AM

13 posts, read 29,146 times

Advertisements

Are there any designers doing green roofs or living walls in the Greenville/Clemson/Seneca area? This is an area of horticulture that fascinates me! I have been to the FOLKS office and seen that they have a sweet little green roof on an ordinary storage shed. Way to go, FOLKS! It looks great! But who else is out there, commercially or privately, using this cutting edge green technology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM

99 posts, read 322,843 times
Default green roof siting

across from cosco parking lot on the opposite side, its a pizza pasta restaurant, dang i'm bad with names, it is on woodroof rd, the roof is very green, shrubs, bushes, grass.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 PM

13 posts, read 29,146 times
I bet it's a Carraba's restaurant... that is the one here in Tallahassee that uses a green roof, and it is always GREAT looking. There must be some company that does all their chains, and kudos to whoever it is! I was hoping, though, that, as progressive as I keep hearing G'ville is, that someone would be picking up on green roofs and living walls as a business... art form... good advertising...
There is a Wal-Mart here in Tally that you see the roof of when coming down a certain street, and what a wasted expanse of asphalt and cooling units it is! I keep thinking how appealing it would be if done with a green roof technology. There must be a lot of views like that around Greenville, with its rolling landscape. I wonder how you would introduce such a thing??

Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 9,657 times
hi there - youc an build a green wall yourself using woolly wally pockets - available in the US and in the UK at Garden Beet Contemporary Gardens, Garden Art, Sculpture & Accessories | Garden Beet

Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
There is a company in South Carolina called Green Roof Outfitters who manufactures and installs green roof systems. You can find information on them at [URL="http://www.greenroofoutfitters.com"]www.greenroofoutfitters.com[/URL]

Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for. Was trying to find a local landscaper and looked on the BB website and saw this guys name:

Landscape and Design in the Upstate, South Carolina - Greenville area.

Says he worked as a roof top gardner.

No affiliation or knowledge of this guy at all, just remembered seeing this thread and put the two together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area