Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 06:46 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times

Advertisements

I actually laugh at all of you. guestposter, you read my sarcasm and I respect you for it. northernyankee, yeah, your true facts equate hostility. "Since our salaries are much higher up here, we love coming South for vacation to get more bang for our buck." wow, such a strong statement. let me know when you get a job offer that pays more money in rochester, NY, than in atlanta, GA. you really have no clue. please quiet down before I spank you further.

Last edited by jmarquise; 03-20-2008 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM

737 posts, read 1,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
wow, this is pretty funny, a hostile redneck and a hostile yankee. too much fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernyankee View Post

Your post is grossly incorrect in many areas, But mostly pertaining to Gen. Sherman. Who did not pretty much burn every city he came across. That's
Confederate propaganda. The only city to burn was Columbia. For reasons already posted above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernyankee View Post
True facts equate hostility?
LOL, your right this is pretty funny. I guess you couldn't understand the point of my post. I'm not debating what town Sherman burned to the ground, I'm stating that the notion of "Columbia initiating the confederacy is ridiculous". "I, I geuss that would kinda be the take home messege here for the kids, that and don't do drugs, and stay in school would be essential as well."

If you would like to discuss facts about this then take it to another forum (this is the Greenville forum afterall, not Columbia, SC created the confederacy forum). I'll be happy to engage!

How, was my comment hostile? and redneck? I take you guys don't know me very well at all, LOL.

Last edited by sandlapper; 03-20-2008 at 07:01 PM..

Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
When I don't like it somewhere I just move. Seems easy enough in this free country. Hate it all you want but Greenville and the rest of the upstate is growing and I doubt if you can change that. So you can either complain in misery or just move. Sorry to be so straight, but it needed to be said.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM

32 posts, read 100,040 times
Quote:
I actually laugh at all of you. guestposter, you read my sarcasm and I respect you for it. northernyankee, yeah, your true facts equate hostility. "Since our salaries are much higher up here, we love coming South for vacation to get more bang for our buck." wow, such a strong statement. let me know when you get a job offer that pays more money in rochester, NY, than in atlanta, GA. you really have no clue. please quiet down before I spank you further.

I know the truth hurts on many levels. The truth of the matter is
hostility seems to be eminating from the ones that are taking such an accusatory tone. Like your response. My post have been the truth pertaining to my experiences. It's not like your required to respond.
Spanking is no longer really used. It's really not as affective as you might think.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:24 PM

your statement was very general and generic. you make it too easy for me. I was born in detroit and grew up in suburban washington, DC. yep, I am from northern virginia. virginia is a southern state, yet I can assure you that it is an incredibly wealthy area. the jobs in northern VA pay as much or more than any other city in the US. it is the capital of the US and the military capital of the world. there are several thriving cities in the south. my accusatory tone was a response to your comment on how much higher salaries were up there. as for the spanking part, it was sarcasm. but given your very liberal response, I am going to assume that you are probably from new york or something. a lot of liberals are. know how I know? cause they are all moving to the carolinas to get away from the "outrageous taxes!" yes folks, it seems that even liberals don't understand the connection between liberalism and high taxes! I will give you my observations from the south and guest poster can tell me what he thinks. most people in the south have no problem with people relocating. most welcome it. especially if they embrace the way of life. the problem comes when people move down with an attitude like, "you're just going to have to make some changes to accommodate me." you might not believe it, but a lot of people move here with that attitude. things like banning smoking in local restaurants. the south, hell the united states, was built on tobacco. I am not a smoker, but I would have a huge problem with someone telling me I couldn't smoke because someone from out of town had a problem with it. nobody wants someone telling them how to live in their own backyard. but a lot of people just move down to relax and they are very well accepted.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Im a Northerner .........but..........I live in SC in the winters.
I just about like everyone I meet here North and South. You All !!
In fact at Dolly's Dixie Stampede, sometimes I root in the South side of the arena........and sometimes you find me waving a flag on the North.
You know what? There are nice people everywhere.......and then.......some really crude, harsh people here and there. ( Oh, what can we do?)
I think SC is a great state, full of wonderful people ......and Smiling faces
Beautiful Places

Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 PM

Just a little bit about smoking..........and I know plenty of people who smoke.
It is just the real, real, matter of health for some in a restaurant.......I know we hear this over and over and it gets so like a broken record.......But........
Our little fellow in the family has asthma, smoke in a restaurant is not good for him, and he can get very bad. Our grown daughter starts in with allergies symtoms around smoke too. Me, my eyes start to tear and the entire evening, I look like I am crying.......
My husband has had two heart surgeries, and can't be around smoke.
So if I were a smoker.......knowing the problems of peoples health. I'd be smoking outside for sure. Just as a polite Northerner........and part time southerner.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 PM

I think that any enclosed space filled with smoke is gross. individual restaurants have the right to tell their patrons not to smoke. let the people decide. a place with a bar might do better business being a smoking joint, while a more family oriented place might do better as a non smoking place.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I think that any enclosed space filled with smoke is gross. individual restaurants have the right to tell their patrons not to smoke. let the people decide. a place with a bar might do better business being a smoking joint, while a more family oriented place might do better as a non smoking place.
Thats really true.......because we all want to go out to restaurants. Depending who I am with, I kind of get a bit worried. Not for my eyes crying....that is just the least of the issues. So, So, minor.......
Sometimes I watch the people, and I wonder........if they really, really, understood the "real" and not imagined health troubles it can cause someone.......would they still? Could they?
When I see the little guy using the machine for his lungs......I know how easy it can be just to step outside to smoke.....it means so much more then ones immediate pleasure. Also, when my hubby is with me.......I'm like......" if they only knew" ( and believe me I have seen where even close family doesn't get it) And yet, they must have heard all the stories, yet choose to ignor.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:16 PM

10,014 posts, read 15,662,194 times
[quote=northernyankee;3202700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post

Your post is grossly incorrect in many areas, But mostly pertaining to Gen. Sherman. Who did not pretty much burn every city he came across. That's
Confederate propaganda. The only city to burn was Columbia. For reasons already posted above.

Oh, really? Tell that to the people in the Georgia forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area