Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 AM

617 posts, read 2,566,532 times

Advertisements

Ok, I think I'm going to go get some pictures of Woodruff Road in just a little bit. In the meantime, here's a couple of pictures of Cherrydale, which has stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.

The rest of the pictures are all to the left of this first one, but on the right there is an Olive Garden, Petco, Starbuck's, Staples, KFC, Golden Corral, and maybe a couple smaller stores.

The movie theater.

Not the greatest pics, seeing as they were taken from the car...but you can see what's there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 AM

Other restaurants/fast food in Cherrydale are Frodo's, Atlanta Bread Company, Just Dogs, Sushi Murusaki (i think), Puerto Vallarte, Ruby Tuesday's, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, and Jack in the Box.

Close by is Stax Original, Checker's, Zaxby's, A&W/long john silver's (gross), and I think a Papa John's.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM

73 posts, read 344,503 times
Is Cherrydale like a section? or a city? Thanks for the visuals can't wait to see more

Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Cherrydale is a shopping center where Pleasantburg meets Poinsett Hwy. There are now plans to build even more, so it's still growing.

A little info in Greenville shopping.

And more info. on possible new plans.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Here's some of The Shops at Greenridge on Woodruff Rd. There are definitely some nice stores and good restaurants around here, but traffic is hell, especially during busier hours and weekends. Here's info on The Shops at Greenridge.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM

I am sure your version of traffic "hell" is probably just normal traffic here in Orlando. Thanks for the pics

Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 PM

Possibly, the problem with Woodruff Rd. is that there are too many people on such a small road. The whole thing wasn't planned all that well to begin with. They're widening parts of it again, which makes it even worse at the moment.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM

250 posts, read 1,210,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Other restaurants/fast food in Cherrydale are Frodo's, Atlanta Bread Company, Just Dogs, Sushi Murusaki (i think), Puerto Vallarte, Ruby Tuesday's, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, and Jack in the Box.

Close by is Stax Original, Checker's, Zaxby's, A&W/long john silver's (gross), and I think a Papa John's.
Sushi Murasaki's new location is at Cherrydale Point, yes. Also, The Great Wall (Chinese Takeout), Subway, Pizza Hut, and the Cherrydale Sports Bar...oh, and Wally Dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcie912 View Post
Is Cherrydale like a section? or a city? Thanks for the visuals can't wait to see more
It's the name of the area around this intersection...I believe the name came from the family that used to own the property there? The Cherrydale House was moved to the campus of Furman University shortly after we moved up here from O-Town.

The worst of the traffic nightmare is no worse than you'd find at Goldenrod and Colonial or at 436 and Curry Ford on a typical week day.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 PM

250 posts, read 1,210,026 times
Shops at Greenridge is very similar to Waterford Lakes Town Center (only smaller), if you're familiar with it.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Yes that's where I do most of my shopping even though it drives me crazy....and thanks for the traffic comparison too RT...this board is so helpful. Can't wait to get up there on Monday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area