Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,054,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I agree. IMO Vision will not last as an airline. Don't think they have their act together and they don't seem to have a solid business model.

On the signage at the counterthing......with the remodel that is coming, all counters will have large plasma screens. They currently have these plasma screens for the counter that Vision, Allegiant and charters use. This way they can flex counterspace depending on need by airline. A good number of larger airports have gone this route. It's a GSP thing, not Vision.
Oh, okay. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,651,337 times
Who's your daddy: GSP reports passenger traffic up more than 50 percent in April | GoUpstate.com

Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,804,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
With those kind of passenger number increases, looks like GSP will end the year close to the 2 million mark.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 AM

5,466 posts, read 8,252,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
With those kind of passenger number increases, looks like GSP will end the year close to the 2 million mark.
Wow.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Location: South Mountains (Southern Burke County) Connelly Springs NC
45 posts, read 121,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLtransplant View Post
My bad - that idea is even dumber than I orig thought.
The Vegas one isn't a bad idea. I always go thru Atlanta and that can be touchy depending on weather. However, Vision only wants to run flights on sundays. Who goes to Vegas for a week?
If I did that, i'd be dead! LOL!
Vision is actually doing the Upstate a huge favor by doing what Allegiant has been unwilling to do, open up the West Coast to GSP on a Low Cost Carrier.

You can fly to Vegas, spend a night or two via a great deal on Hotwire @ say the Vdara, then fly out to anyone of the airports that Allegiant serves by our great National Parks and other sweet destinations, Idaho Falls- Yellowstone, Twin Falls Yellowstone, Kalispell MT - Glacier, Medford OR- Crater Lake, Bellingham- Olympic Monterey Carmel/BigSur, Mesa-Sedona, Grand Junction- Arches-Canyonlands, Stocton or Fresno -Yosemite.

The Allegiant flights to those airports out of LAS are often quite inexpensive, the trick is making it work with your schedule.

Shame on Allegiant for not doing this.

I wish I wouldn't of already booked my flight for my Yellowstone trip. Doing it via Vision opens up all kinds of options.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM

I just visited Southwest.com to see what kind of deals they are cooking up for the Upstate.

Looks like I can fly to Jackson MS RT for around $400, or fly to Orlando for $99.....Whoopie!

Allegiant has $39 flights to Orlando non stop. That is what Southwest USED to do, they are a shell of what the great airline that they once were.

I swear, it saddens me greatly to see 3 great brands of the previous decade being run into the ground by new leadership that does not recognize the culture that vaulted them into greatness, and are making decisions based puely on maximizing profit, decisions that will eventually alienate their core customer.

Walmart just announced their 8th consecutive QTR of declining Comp sales, that's now 4 losses on top of losses, they are in bad shape. They are currently returning to Sam Waltons philosophy which new leadership inexplicably tossed aside.

Starbucks has done well on the grocery side, but their same store sales have plummeted when they stopped using their House Blend, think about that, you can not go in a Starbucks and get the coffee that made them famous. They blame the economy, former loyal Starbucks customers blame the crappy coffee they call Pikes Place.

When will the Southwest decline begin? It's not too far off I'm afraid...."Bags Fly Free", and "No Change Fees", and new "Rapid Rewards" are not enough when you have abandoned that core principle of a Low Cost Airline.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:42 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,486,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super.Dave View Post
I just visited Southwest.com to see what kind of deals they are cooking up for the Upstate.

Looks like I can fly to Jackson MS RT for around $400, or fly to Orlando for $99.....Whoopie!

Allegiant has $39 flights to Orlando non stop. That is what Southwest USED to do, they are a shell of what the great airline that they once were.

I swear, it saddens me greatly to see 3 great brands of the previous decade being run into the ground by new leadership that does not recognize the culture that vaulted them into greatness, and are making decisions based puely on maximizing profit, decisions that will eventually alienate their core customer.

Walmart just announced their 8th consecutive QTR of declining Comp sales, that's now 4 losses on top of losses, they are in bad shape. They are currently returning to Sam Waltons philosophy which new leadership inexplicably tossed aside.

Starbucks has done well on the grocery side, but their same store sales have plummeted when they stopped using their House Blend, think about that, you can not go in a Starbucks and get the coffee that made them famous. They blame the economy, former loyal Starbucks customers blame the crappy coffee they call Pikes Place.

When will the Southwest decline begin? It's not too far off I'm afraid...."Bags Fly Free", and "No Change Fees", and new "Rapid Rewards" are not enough when you have abandoned that core principle of a Low Cost Airline.
As much as I wish I didn't have to, I must agree. Just read some of the threads on the Southwest forum on flyertalk.com for example... Glad the Southwest Effect seems to be working at GSP for now, but Southwest isn't the paragon of cheap fares (when compared to other airlines) that it used to be.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
As much as I wish I didn't have to, I must agree. Just read some of the threads on the Southwest forum on flyertalk.com for example... Glad the Southwest Effect seems to be working at GSP for now, but Southwest isn't the paragon of cheap fares (when compared to other airlines) that it used to be.
Believe me it pains me to say it......I was one of Southwests most ardent and vocal supporters when they were being dissed on for some of their policies like no seat assignments, and the ridiculous claim of passengers being herded like cattle.

I'm still glad they are here in the Upstate.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:09 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,651,337 times
The rumor mill is swirling again: Southwest to offer non-stop flights to Boston from GSP possibly. Please be aware that this is just a rumor so don't get too excited yet. Stay tuned.

Last edited by g-man430; 06-30-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 01:22 PM

76 posts, read 172,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The rumor mill is swirling again: Southwest to offer direct flights to Boston from GSP possibly. Please be aware that this is just a rumor so don't get too excited yet. Stay tuned.
A direct Southwest flight to BOS would be the only thing that could possibly get me to fly into Logan over MHT. Though maybe not. Here is hoping by Boston they mean "Boston Area" like they list on their website, and include MHT and Providence, RI. Not that GSP through Baltimore or Orlando to MHT is that bad, but direct would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area