Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 07:16 AM

24 posts, read 55,314 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Easley in May. I'm already on Medicare and she's approaching it. I have a Medicare Advantage plan with Part D coverage now, and she will probably investigate such alternatives for herself.

I believe I'll be required to cancel my PA plan when I move, and substitute one in SC, unless I want to go with Medicare alone, which I do not want to do.

I'll do more research myself, of course, but for now can any of you in the area name some of the major players in the Medicare Advantage and/or Part D business?

Here in PA, I have limited competition at best, so I'm curious how much flexibility I might find once I get to SC. Hopefully it'll be better than what I have to put up with now!

Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,920 times
There are some good MA plans in the Upstate of SC. You are correct in saying that the plans are done by county so moving to a new state would require a change of plans/companies. I assume you'll be in Greenville County?

I am a Medicare insurance broker. Regardless of whether we work with you on the transition, I'm happy to answer any questions. Contact me via http://www.securemedicaresolutions.com.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:40 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
I don't know anything about Medicare but when my parents moved here they went with a plan from/through AARP and they have been told it is the best you can buy.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 AM

511 posts, read 1,522,176 times
Default Insurance

If you are moving to Easley, you will probably be in Pickens County. For government & highway dept purposes we are known as county 39. My mother in law moved here from PA, pretty much same senario she still has her coverage and she is in a program from AARP as well. She still has her Blue Cross Blue Shield retirement program as well. I would visit the site recomended above or call someone in Pickens County. Just wanted to be sure you get the right county because things change here from county to county.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM

24 posts, read 55,314 times
Thx for the responses re Medicare Advantage programs in upstate SC! This'll help me target my initial online research.

As for specifically where we'll be, we're in Easley as far as the USPS is concerned, but we are in Anderson County, so I also know which specific county to concentrate on. Thx for reminding me that that's important, too!

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area