Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,125 times

Advertisements

Look at Lake Rabon near Hickory Tavern. It is only about a 30 minute drive and they have a public pier, restrooms and a playground. They are open sunup to sundown. Fishing from a boat is restricted to 16 ft or less with a 10HP or less motor. Crappie, Bream, Bass and Catfish.
There used to be a lot of farm ponds in the area but they are now subdivisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
I see this was last updated about a month ago, but I thought I'd suggest (2) two more possible choices.

1.) What looks to be a small pond off of Holland @ Harts Ln.;
Closest cross street would be Hwy 14. Last I saw it had a bench, gazebo- but I couldn't make out any signs of wether or not it was Public.

2.) The pond @ Kyocera;
I see vehicles stopped there all the time (at least behind the gate). Cross streets: Harrison Bridge rd. @ N. Nelson Dr.- Near the opening of the Waterton sub. and caddy-corner from Upcountry Ford.
**Anyone else have insight on this location?**

Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 9,470 times
does anybody know anything about carp fisshing

Old 10-25-2009, 02:10 AM

2 posts, read 9,470 times
i'm talking about pay lakes in spartanburg or greenville county

Old 04-05-2010, 07:51 PM

32 posts, read 74,890 times
How about near Waterton Way?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
b91

2 posts, read 8,914 times
All of these postings are from last year and the year before, but I thought I'd reply anyway. There are farm ponds everywhere in this area, but as mentioned before, you have to know the owner in order to fish these ponds. Someone mentioned the small pond off Harts and Holland in Simpsonville. To my knowledge that is privately owned, and I think there is a house on the pond now. Besides, I don't think I would eat anything out of that pond. There are several options as far as public fishing goes. Paris Mountain State Park has 3 very nice fishing lakes in it. The first lake you come to when you enter the park has well covered banks, but there are a lot of good spots and you can walk all the way around the lake. The second lake is in the woods. It's about a half mile hike to get to, but I heard the fishing there is pretty good because no one wants to hike to it. The third lake is at the top of the mountain, and it's use is privilaged to the campers at it's camp site. Oak Grove Lake off Roper Mtn. Rd is another good lake, and you can access it all the way around. Lake Robinson and Lake Cunningham, both in Greer, are larger lakes but each has a park that you can fish in. Or you can take a boat, but they have motor restrictions and the boat has to be registered to fish in both lakes. There is a nice lake at Pleasant Ridge County Park on Hwy 11. I've pulled some monster largemouth out of that lake. Then you have 2 beauatiful lakes at Table Rock State Park. There is good fishing in both lakes if you want to drive that far. In Spartanburg you have Lake Cooley, Berry Shoals Pond, and Lake Bowen just to name a few. All have public access areas and are good fishing lakes, although Cooley and Bowen are fairly large. Hope this info was helpful.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM
b91

2 posts, read 8,914 times
Forgot to mention. I think the lake on Waterton is semi-private, but the one near Kyocera in the business park is not private. I've seen a lot people fishing there in the past.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b91 View Post
Forgot to mention. I think the lake on Waterton is semi-private, but the one near Kyocera in the business park is not private. I've seen a lot people fishing there in the past.
Are there walking trails around this lake (near Kyocera)?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,445 times
Still, plenty of ponds exist in, around, and thoughout Simpsonville & Greenville that are not swallowed up by subdivisions. They are private, and were once open to the public by the property owners. However disrespectful, so called fishermen, slowly shut the doors for everybody by leaving their personal trash in and around these & other ponds.
I've spear-headed a small effort to re-open these some of these ponds to a County-wide fishing club that adheres to an oath to carry a trash bag and retrieve trash during each fishing outing as where club identification, ie. hat, t-shirt, trash bag. If you're an interested 'cleaner' fisherman or pond owner; contact me @ jdevore6444@charter.net or 864-467-2628. John DeVore, Jr.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,125 times
The Kyocera site is shown on county records to be owned by Greenville County in care of Kyocera. I have never heard of semi-privite property before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area