Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
How do you define "management of the events"? What are you looking at/for?
Well heres a for instance, the carolina force had its first game delayed by an hour because they didn't have the turf laid down yet, not to mention the turf they did have laid had another teams logo on it(must have been re-purposed) this has actually been commented on before but the announcer at the first game introduced the "GRRRRREENVILLLE DRIVE! FORCE! the greenville force!"

the format of the whole event was kind of mishmash, like no one who worked for them had ever organized a large event before.

I bought season tickets and halfway through the season they lowered the ticket prices. so i actually ended up paying more than I should have, and when I asked them for a refund(yes I asked, it wasn't offered to me), they offered me 2 more sets of season tickets, which I didn't need or want, and didn't really end up using.

The beers were as expensive as if it was a $50 a ticket rock concert(i know its pretty common for events to do this, but it still sucks), I mean c'mon the beers shouldn't be as expensive as what you paid for the ticket to the game.

The advertising was non-existent, and still is this year, when I used to purchase arena football season tickets in the city I am originally from, they would call me every year(in fact they still do, they laugh every year when I tell them I moved in 07)and give me a preferred rate because I was a previous years customer, and they would send me a schedule, I didn't even know the season had started this year until a friend told me a few weeks ago!

oh and this is just in answer to your question, overall my wife and I had a great time at the football games last year and we laughed at the issues, we weren't all that upset. I don't want anyone to think we hated it, these were just my observations

I don't think its necessarily the things I look for, maybe the things you don't notice until they aren't there, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
I can find no where to actually enter the contest. I think the GREENVILLE GRIZZLYS will be a good name and a GRIZZLY CAN BE THE MASCOT!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 PM

182 posts, read 350,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANE NATIONS View Post
I can find no where to actually enter the contest. I think the GREENVILLE GRIZZLYS will be a good name and a GRIZZLY CAN BE THE MASCOT!!!
You need more "r"s in that name, and "z"s too...the Greenville Grrrrrrizzzzzlies. You know, in true minor league fashion.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
We have Grizzly Bears here?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,099 times
Lasers, Lazers, Laser Beams?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Lasers, Lazers, Laser Beams?
We'll call them "The Lasers."

Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
We'll call them "The Lasers."

That was hilarious, but from what I hear, some variation of "laser" is at the top of the list. And no, I'm not kidding.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 PM

306 posts, read 689,368 times
[quote=Greenville;14146195]We'll call them "The Lasers."

Thanks for the laugh......that was funny!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM

306 posts, read 689,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANE NATIONS View Post
I think the contest may be over.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,600 times
Hi Jane, My name is Debra and I work with HockeyGreenville, so I wanted to let you know where you could actually submit naming ideas. You have until midnight on May 28 to enter the Name Your Team Sweepstakes for the new ECHL hockey team. Go here to enter [url=http://www.hockeygreenville.com/nameyourteam.html]Hockey Greenville - The Official Source For The Latest Info On Our New Professional Hockey Team[/url] - winner gets two free season tickets for life! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area